Another grinding wheel thread...

/ Another grinding wheel thread... #11  
Now if I could only find a 12'' cutoff wheel that's worth a hoot?

/ Another grinding wheel thread... #12  
Thanks for the replies guys... sait was going to be my next try. Although I believe 3m may have grinding discs now in their cubitron line, I may be confusing that with something else.

In the long-lasting/ fast-cutting tradeoff I'm definitely more interested in the fast cutting variety.

The green discs sound interesting also I will have to look into those.

If you are talking about hard grinding wheels for an angle grinder, then yes, 3M has them out. I have been using one and it is great for cutting through steel fast (4.5"). Of course i could be biased given I work there and got it from a friend for free... :D

/ Another grinding wheel thread... #13  
   / Another grinding wheel thread... #15  
For 4 1/2" 1/4" grinding wheels I have been converted to using Harbor Freight wheels. At first I was a skeptic as I didn't want some Chinese junk spinning at high speeds breaking apart and ruining stuff in my shop and potentially injuring me. But after using them for 6 months now I've never had one fail. They are cheap so if the glaze up or if the grinder falls and the wheel breaks I chuck it. You can buy them for less than $15 for a pack of 10 and they go on sale for around $10 for 10 pretty often. I've bought plenty of more expensive brands but they just don't last any longer. If you have a store close by pick up a 10 pack and try them.

/ Another grinding wheel thread... #16  
For 4 1/2" 1/4" grinding wheels I have been converted to using Harbor Freight wheels. At first I was a skeptic as I didn't want some Chinese junk spinning at high speeds breaking apart and ruining stuff in my shop and potentially injuring me. But after using them for 6 months now I've never had one fail. They are cheap so if the glaze up or if the grinder falls and the wheel breaks I chuck it. You can buy them for less than $15 for a pack of 10 and they go on sale for around $10 for 10 pretty often. I've bought plenty of more expensive brands but they just don't last any longer. If you have a store close by pick up a 10 pack and try them.
Around here Tractor Supply has Miembro brand on clearance from time to time. I think last time I bought a 10 pack of 1/16" x 4.5" wheels for $8. They seem to work better than the "Warrior" brand ones from HFT.

Aaron Z

/ Another grinding wheel thread... #17  
+1 for cheepo harbor freight. They work well for me...cant tell any difference from the expensive ones.