Another Tractor Death

/ Another Tractor Death #1  

Monster5601

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030 R4 Tires
I'm sorry to tell you this. My neighbor died Monday evening it a terrible tractor accident. My neighbor that lives one property over, a Deputy Sherrif, that patrols our area noticed the barn open and lights on. Realizing this wasn't normal he pulled in to check and found Mr. Miller.

We learned through Mr. Miller's son he was having starter motor issues on his old Ford 8N. Somehow, he left the tractor in gear and at full throttle. He wedged himself between the rear and front wheels and used a screwdriver to short the starter solenoid. I understand Mr. Miller was badly mutilated and death came quickly. Mr. Miller was 82.

/ Another Tractor Death #2  
My heart goes out to the family! Just another case of slow down and think about what you're doing. I'm forever telling the misses to slow down before she hurts me! We all be come complacent around are equipment. The misses can't figure out why sometimes it takes me a lot of time to do something. I tell her that I won't rush anything that involves something that could hurt or possibly kill me! Again, think twice.

/ Another Tractor Death #3  
I'm so sorry.
I'm at a loss for words except I'll say a prayer for Mr. Miller and family.

/ Another Tractor Death #5  
Sorry to hear of such a thing. Thanks for posting, good reminder for us to to be careful about how we do things.

/ Another Tractor Death #7  
Prayers sent.

As we all get older and slow down, we need to be extra careful and not be so sure of ourselves. Whether it be our memory, our footing, our strength, our quickness... whatever. I'm trying to practice a few things...

>Think a little more about it before you act (what could go wrong)
>Consider your options (quick vs. doing it right)
>Be more aware of your surroundings (escape routes)
>Enjoy the journey as much as just getting the job/project done (stop and smell the roses)

Accidents happen but lots we can do to prevent them.

/ Another Tractor Death #8  
So tragic...thoughts and prayers to you and your neighbor's family.

/ Another Tractor Death #9  
Sad very sad,thoughts prayers to the family.

/ Another Tractor Death #10  
Our condolences to your neighbors family. So sad to read this.