Another Tractor Death

/ Another Tractor Death #11  
Sad to hear, pray for the family and friends.

/ Another Tractor Death #12  
Sorry to hear of such a thing. Thanks for posting, good reminder for us to to be careful about how we do things.

Very sorry to hear this. Sometimes, even when we do things right there's a chance of a problem. My secondary tractor (MT180D circa 1986 and geared) sat in my barn for several months without use, but during a season change. Climbed aboard, fired her right up. Stepped on the clutch, but when I moved it into gear...she drove off; caught me by surprise. I NEVER stored this tractor with the clutch out, but this time the clutch didn't disengage with the pedal and moving the gear shift actually put it in gear. The clutch pedal did nothing.

I moved it out of the barn, put the drive gear in neutral - revved up to about 2000 and kicked the 3-speed PTO lever into 1st (with a Woods 60 RFM attached) and instantly knocked the clutch loose. No problems since. I just make very sure to run her up to hot more often and I try to store it with the clutch pedal depressed (wish is had a lock like the brakes)

/ Another Tractor Death #14  
That is so tragic. It can happen so quickly but the outcome lasts forever. Prayers go out to family and friends.

/ Another Tractor Death #15  
Prayers and condolences for Mr. Miller's family.