Buying Advice Another TYM Cabelas post

/ Another TYM Cabelas post #1  

riverpro

Bronze Member
Tractor
none
I'd like to say I'm new to the forums and want to thank everybody for sharing your tractor knowledge, opinions and overall just tractor "talk". Anyway, to my point. I planned on buying a CUT sometime in the next few years. I've researched here and there all different makes. I've yet to pinpoint one over the other and new models and tier 4 makes choices even more difficult. I've read ALL the previous "Cabelas" threads but am looking for ANY and ALL with experience with YTM or Cabela's branded tractor good and bad. The price makes me want to buy now but the horror stories of getting parts, electrical problems has me changing my mind every 10 minutes. I would be using the tractor to maintain 80acres of hunting land to included brushogging, FEL work, tilling, plotting etc. I've talked with the sales guy here and sounds like they have a set price at this point for the 2 I'd consider, the 45hp and 55hp. I have zero experience with TYM and just recently a dealer (6 months) a dealer moved in. Is this a tractor one can expect to operate for a lifetime with medium use? 100 hrs or less/yr. At this point with a new house coming and timewise not ideal I'm only considering this offer at Cabela's meaning I can get a new tractor now or pay something close to this 2 yrs (better timing) down the road for a used one of comparable hp/options. Please give my TYM/Cabelas experiences or your buddies experience who owns/owned one. I'm somewhat desperate to make a yes/no decision being stock is selling, so I've been told. BTW- I asked the salesman if a service/repair manual in English was available thru him, his reply email was "It should be available online to download???" Makes me wonder if their service center has one. Anyway, sorry for another Cabelas post and all the rambling. Thanks in advance to ANY/ALL you have to say about TYM. Thanks, Randy

/ Another TYM Cabelas post #2  
A service manual for the LM would be the same as the service manual for the same size TYM so don't worry about that.

I know one person who has a TYM T503 and he has had zero problems to date. I think he has it about 2 years and he does put some hours on but I cant be specific as to how high they are now. I know the last time I was at his place he was close to 600 hours that's between him and his 2 boys.

I wouldn't be afraid of a machine that is built by the same company that supplies Mahindra with some of their tractors.

/ Another TYM Cabelas post #3  
Neither would I. Not a bit.

Most of the problems I see on here are due to inexperience with machinery.

Every machine needs a thorough going-thru with wrenches and lubricants in hand before running them.

Loose hoses and wires need to be re-routed/secured. Wiring connectors need to be greased. Small adjustments need doing, etc, etc. Vibration/rub points need to be secured/isolated/protected, etc. Or else you will have trouble, no matter the machine or brand.

Diligent maintenance is key. Look the thing over constantly until you know what to keep an eye on.

And the machine needs to be used for what it's designed. All this crashing bush with lawnmowers makes me shake my head.

Anyway, if we had Cabella's tractors up here I would be looking hard at them. And dealing hard.

Unless you have a catastrophic failure, looking after a machine is up to you. Not the dealer. He's got real problems to deal with.

My 2c.

/ Another TYM Cabelas post
Thank you gentleman!

/ Another TYM Cabelas post #5  
Plus it could be a collector item in 50 years

/ Another TYM Cabelas post #6  
There is a thread on the TYM part of the forum comparing hours on machines that has lots of long term ownership reviews. Would be a good read for you.

/ Another TYM Cabelas post #7  
Tym has The various owners manuals on line, but NO repair manuals. I want one for my Lm25 cabelas brand also....

/ Another TYM Cabelas post
Thanks, I've read just about every TYM thread prior to posting on here and other forums. Just trying to talk myself into this tractor. Handloader, from how I read it on the TYM site is that a service manual is downloadable by a dealer only, I'd think/hope Cabelas would/could do it for you, there is a dealer only login spot in on their site.

/ Another TYM Cabelas post #9  
Really love my TYM. I have the TY354, got it for Christmas and already have over 30 hours on it. Just went through first regen and hardly knew it was doing it. I just kept right on working. Obviously haven't had it long enough to really report anything but for what it's worth I'm really impressed.

/ Another TYM Cabelas post #10  
Yeah maybe, I'll probably be checking with my cabelas salesman and seeing if I can get one. But I don't hold out much hope as they will still be under warranty...... Buy one. These are all good tractors. They weren't throw together for a fire sale. They were built just like any other Tym. And If you would buy a tym, why not a cabelas brand for much cheaper?