Another welder advice thread

/ Another welder advice thread #21  
I'm looking at the Hobart Ironman 240's as well. How are the Forney 240A MIG welders? B.

/ Another welder advice thread
I probably have a couple laying around if interested.
I got the gas coming out now, but it's leaking somewhere near where the gun connects to the machine at the power block. Checked the gun o-rings, they appear OK, but I'm going to replace them anyway. I *assume* that the usual hardware/auto parts store o-rings will work OK? they don't need to be the orange Lincoln type?

Given the amount that's leaking out, my bet is that the gas tube is compromised inside the machine. I'm going to take it apart and look for damage or a disconnect.

Thanks for the help!

/ Another welder advice thread #23  
Check it with leak test. The gun has to be in perfectly too. I know you checked that but maybe the wire outlet guide is pushed too far toward the gun keeping it from seating.

/ Another welder advice thread
Check it with leak test. The gun has to be in perfectly too. I know you checked that but maybe the wire outlet guide is pushed too far toward the gun keeping it from seating.
And that's exactly what I found when I replaced the o-rings. I was seating the gun cable against the cable cover, not the brass cable seat. Pulled the cable end out a half inch or so and the the cable did seat properly into the power block. Easy to see when you know what to look for.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited: