Answer me this...

/ Answer me this...
I hear you. Ultimately, if you are paying someone for a sandwich it should have what you want and only what you want. Who am to judge someone for not liking pickles? For me, it is bell peppers. If I have a Cheese steak, it has to be Texas style with jalapenos instead of bell peppers (preferably fresh, grilled jalapenos). Bell peppers just don't like me for some reason. To a Philly traditionalist, I would probably go to sandwich Hades for that.
That's just it though, you take a basic sandwhich with it's staple ingredients and from there the customer can fine tune it.

Personally don't care for bell peppers myself.

The one that really screws myself up when ordering is corned beef on rye, swiss cheese only (toasted of course).

For some reason, poeple don't understand all a Rueben (SP?) is corned beef, swiss cheese, russian dressing and sauerkraut. I ask for corned beef on rye with swiss cheese toasted, and they look at me like I'm from outter space. I say "Rueben, hold the dressing and Kraut" and they understand that.

/ Answer me this...
i owned a couple sub sandwich stores.....long time ago, lots of work, not much $, in my case.
One of my many jobs in my youth was making sandwiches at Wawa.

I know it was work on my end 😁

I always loved the people who would rather me wear a pair of cheap plastic "see through" gloves over washing my hands after every sandwhich made. Even to this day, close to 30 or so years later, people in food prep think that wearing one pair of gloves during the whole day, it's good! Love it when people with gloves handle money with the gloves on, then use the same gloves to handle food.

Sorry, still remember one guy who demanded I wear gloves over washing my hands. I explained that my hands were just washed (he saw me wash them) but still wanted the gloves. If I remember right, it was kind of hard to get those plastic gloves if your hands weren't completely dry.

To this day, I always tell my kids never piss anyone off making your food before they make it.

/ Answer me this... #23  
One of my many jobs in my youth was making sandwiches at Wawa.

I know it was work on my end 😁

I always loved the people who would rather me wear a pair of cheap plastic "see through" gloves over washing my hands after every sandwhich made. Even to this day, close to 30 or so years later, people in food prep think that wearing one pair of gloves during the whole day, it's good! Love it when people with gloves handle money with the gloves on, then use the same gloves to handle food.

Sorry, still remember one guy who demanded I wear gloves over washing my hands. I explained that my hands were just washed (he saw me wash them) but still wanted the gloves. If I remember right, it was kind of hard to get those plastic gloves if your hands weren't completely dry.

To this day, I always tell my kids never piss anyone off making your food before they make it.
and never send your food back....remember that scene in Fight Club, the boys using the soup for a urinal?

/ Answer me this... #24  
I like mayo on sandwiches, no miracle whip. I miss the good hoagies and grinders from back home. There should NOT be mayo on an Italian sandwich

/ Answer me this...
and never send your food back....remember that scene in Fight Club, the boys using the soup for a urinal?
My wife and I have been married for 18 years now. I consider her a borderline gourmet chef (amazing in that she has a "professional" job at the same company for over 25 years now).

To this day, when we go out to eat, and if I make a complaint about my own food when it's served about what I asked for vs what I recieved, I just deal with it and never send it back for any reason 🤣 (and my wife just tells me to send it back LOL).

I can honestly say in my past I have never ever done anything "bad" to someones meal when I was the putz making minumum wage preparing the food (good rule in life is to treat all customers like they are your own parents which I still need to remind myself of to this day), BUT I have seen first hand what others can do.

I think if I owned a restaurant, not sure of the legalities, but if I had someone making meals, I'd make them sign a waiver that if they ever did anything intentionally "bad" due to the circumstances and the customer found out, they (the employee) would be held liable on their own.

/ Answer me this...
Have it YOUR way!
It would be great if life were burger king😁

The customer isn't always right, the customer is only a customer who's requirements may make it such that at the end of day, they aren't worth having as a customer.

When you order food however, the hope is the food is prepared in a way which you prefer.

You should have just seen my face when I found mayo on my italian sub last night 🤣

/ Answer me this...
Life is usually a two way street.
I completly agree.

When I worked at Wawa, I remember a guy going behind the cash register. I had to run up there and see what he was doing and asked him... His response? "The customer is always right" and he was looking for something. Seriously?

Honestly, back then, I could of laid him out, but I didn't, and asked him to leave behind the counter area and he could take it up with my manager becuase that area was not for a customer to be in.

Honestly, for all I knew, he could of been robbing the store and I should of called the police first.