Answer me this...

/ Answer me this... #41  
A death sentence for me. Pure poison. Another one of my pet peeves. Hiding peanuts and peanut butter in cookies and other things and then serving them openly to the public. Peanuts and peanut butter should never be put into products without explicit labeling. "here try one of these delicious cookies!" Sure put the guy on the floor gasping and wheezing for his next breath, and puking and trying to wash his mouth out. Sure it is just a "harmless" peanut. When there are a fair percentage of the population that are allergic to peanuts and some where it is literally a death sentence. You really really should think about that when serving the public peanut containing products. Yet so many people are so oblivious of this.

That really cannot be emphasized enough! I am fortunate to not have allergies to any food. But, I know some who have and it's serious for them. Life threatening serious.

/ Answer me this... #42  
Sandwiches are always better when you make them yourself.
I don't eat them anymore because of the carbs, but I still can build them. Mayo has its uses, but not Italian.
I have tried to eliminate all processed meats from my diet.
I do use real butter, but very little mayo.

/ Answer me this... #43  
I have tried to eliminate all processed meats from my diet.
I do use real butter, but very little mayo.
My wife and one son have gone keto. I have not but in support of them I have cut out most of the things they do not eat. I have lost 8 pounds. Neither of them have lost any weight.

/ Answer me this... #44  
A death sentence for me. Pure poison. Another one of my pet peeves. Hiding peanuts and peanut butter in cookies and other things and then serving them openly to the public. Peanuts and peanut butter should never be put into products without explicit labeling. "here try one of these delicious cookies!" Sure put the guy on the floor gasping and wheezing for his next breath, and puking and trying to wash his mouth out. Sure it is just a "harmless" peanut. When there are a fair percentage of the population that are allergic to peanuts and some where it is literally a death sentence. You really really should think about that when serving the public peanut containing products. Yet so many people are so oblivious of this.

My wife is allergic to peanuts, so I’m the food tester for her. She has been in ER a few times because of something with peanuts in it.
And here I am at work eating a peanut butter sandwich I made in front of her.

/ Answer me this... #45  
My wife and one son have gone keto. I have not but in support of them I have cut out most of the things they do not eat. I have lost 8 pounds. Neither of them have lost any weight.
I am not a food/diet wacko.
I am just choosing to eliminate processed meats whenever possible.
I am closing in on 81, and have shrunk from 6'-1" to 6'-0".
I weighed 184, 30 years ago, and weigh 187 now.

/ Answer me this... #46  
I was poisoned about 2 years ago from a chocolate chip cookie offered to me. I mean for crying out loud, who puts peanut butter in a chocolate chip cookie? Some idiots apparently do. Some idiots apparently think peanut butter makes everything better. Never thinking about poisoning people in public settings.

/ Answer me this... #47  
Interesting thread.

Having moved from the NY/NJ area to central PA, everything was a new experience.

Chicken Pot Pie has no pie, no crust.

Some pizza is acceptable.

Mayo is an option on Italian sub. Upside is they make their own rolls, but they put 1/2 the meat/chees as the NY metro area.

And getting a real bagel, fugedaboutit.

The upside is many real farm stands with their own sweet corn, peppers, cukes, melons, etc.

I'm a mutant; I like mayo on my Italian as well as oil and vinegar and sweet peppers. Mayo on hot crispy french fries is also good. I love pickles, just not on my burger. And I prefer German style potato salad to the mayo kind.

/ Answer me this...
Interesting thread.

Having moved from the NY/NJ area to central PA, everything was a new experience.

Chicken Pot Pie has no pie, no crust.

Some pizza is acceptable.

Mayo is an option on Italian sub. Upside is they make their own rolls, but they put 1/2 the meat/chees as the NY metro area.

And getting a real bagel, fugedaboutit.

The upside is many real farm stands with their own sweet corn, peppers, cukes, melons, etc.

I'm a mutant; I like mayo on my Italian as well as oil and vinegar and sweet peppers. Mayo on hot crispy french fries is also good. I love pickles, just not on my burger. And I prefer German style potato salad to the mayo kind.
Have you tried shoefly pie yet? (probably more east of you if your central Pa now).

Pretty good pie right outside of Ft. Indiantown Gap off 81 just south of where 78 turns into 81.

When my dad passes, we will have the dinner there, and shoefly pie will be on the menu (my dad wants it).

Mayo with fries? You are a mutant 🤣. That said, it's what you like. Just hope I don't have to watch it;)

/ Answer me this... #49  
OK, well I like mayo on many things. BUT if we are going down pet peeve mode, well here is mine, PICKLES DO NOT BELONG ON HAMBURGERS. Period. And when you say "no pickles, no onions please" at ANY drive thru, what do you get? Pickles for sure. A standard hamburger at any fast food joint in America puts pickles on hamburgers.

It is just the way it is. And there isn't a "durn" thing you can do about it but pick the stinking things off yourself getting ketchup and mustard on your fingers. AND beside that the stink and taste of the pickle juice will still be on your hamburger. Yes Sir you can have your fricken hamburger any way you want it as long as it has pickles on it.

Yes I know I am the ONE person in the USA that does NOT like pickles. And that makes me very special.

Now, sure am glad I got that off my chest.

Sign me "no fricken" pickles in Branson. :)

I'm very afraid that you would have deeply hurt Aunt Bea's feelings.