Answer me this...

/ Answer me this... #51  
The real question is why are people going back if they screw up that much. I guess some people can't cook their own food.
Because it's just so darn good! ;)

Oh, and we can cook. Dinner I made two nights ago. The problem is, we cook so well that there are rarely leftovers for lunch.

62681E4E-78C9-4B0E-83AA-D2D52CD4F03A.jpeg

/ Answer me this... #52  
A death sentence for me. Pure poison. Another one of my pet peeves. Hiding peanuts and peanut butter in cookies and other things and then serving them openly to the public. Peanuts and peanut butter should never be put into products without explicit labeling. "here try one of these delicious cookies!" Sure put the guy on the floor gasping and wheezing for his next breath, and puking and trying to wash his mouth out. Sure it is just a "harmless" peanut. When there are a fair percentage of the population that are allergic to peanuts and some where it is literally a death sentence. You really really should think about that when serving the public peanut containing products. Yet so many people are so oblivious of this.
Yep. None of us were aware of nut allergies until recently.

/ Answer me this... #53  
I was poisoned about 2 years ago from a chocolate chip cookie offered to me. I mean for crying out loud, who puts peanut butter in a chocolate chip cookie? Some idiots apparently do. Some idiots apparently think peanut butter makes everything better. Never thinking about poisoning people in public settings.
Now come on... they aren't idiots. Just unaware of how devastating it could be for someone. If they'd see it affect someone they love, then maybe they'd understand... oh, yikes, that's kind of timely. I'll leave it there.

/ Answer me this... #56  
Made some garlic butter salmon with fingerling potatoes and asparagus last night for my wife and mother in-law. Corn on the cob, and blueberry(from our own bushes) pie for desert. No left overs from that, either. :p

/ Answer me this... #57  
I could eat the whole pan full . . . yum.
Thanks. It's a really easy recipe.

In a skillet heat up some olive oil. Brown some grated garlic to taste. Add mushrooms, a bit of salt and some crushed red pepper. Add some peeled shrimp just long enough to heat them (don't overcook them). Some basil and 2 cups of sliced cherry tomatoes and half a box of cooked/drained fettuccine. Enjoy!

If you don't like shrimp, brown some sliced sausage (your favorite kind) in the olive oil and garlic step instead.

Sometimes we do both the sausage and shrimp.

:p

/ Answer me this... #58  
A death sentence for me. Pure poison. Another one of my pet peeves. Hiding peanuts and peanut butter in cookies and other things and then serving them openly to the public. Peanuts and peanut butter should never be put into products without explicit labeling. "here try one of these delicious cookies!" Sure put the guy on the floor gasping and wheezing for his next breath, and puking and trying to wash his mouth out. Sure it is just a "harmless" peanut. When there are a fair percentage of the population that are allergic to peanuts and some where it is literally a death sentence. You really really should think about that when serving the public peanut containing products. Yet so many people are so oblivious of this.
I have pretty much stopped eating out just this thing. For me it is not peanuts, it is shellfish. Even when you tell them that you have an allergy they have no idea what to do about it. NO YOU CAN'T use the same spatula to flip my burger that you just used to flip that crab cake, in fact they shouldn't even be the same cooking surface.

/ Answer me this... #59  
I have pretty much stopped eating out just this thing. For me it is not peanuts, it is shellfish. Even when you tell them that you have an allergy they have no idea what to do about it. NO YOU CAN'T use the same spatula to flip my burger that you just used to flip that crab cake, in fact they shouldn't even be the same cooking surface.
I live by the ocean.
Just had steamed soft shell clams (that my son dug) with melted butter last night.
Been doin that for 80 years.
Don't plan on stoppin now!

/ Answer me this... #60  
I live by the ocean.
Just had steamed soft shell clams (that my son dug) with melted butter last night.
Been doin that for 80 years.
Don't plan on stoppin now!
I actually love shellfish, it is one of my favorite things. When I was young I would get sick at clam bakes, I thought it was all the beer. I only found out that I had a problem when it put me in the hospital. It seems that a selfish allergy will get worse with age and can be made even worse by eating it. Now I can't even eat fish from a market if the fish if it was anywhere near shellfish. The only time I get to eat fish now is if I catch it myself, that's the only way I can be sure it has not been contaminated. Since I live hundreds of miles from the ocean now I don't get much fish of any kind.