Any advice for chains/straps without hacking up my tractor or trailer?

/ Any advice for chains/straps without hacking up my tractor or trailer? #11  
These are what I use on my BX25 (not my tractor/trailer pictured). They work perfectly and probably took all of 5 minutes to install. They offer the perfect attachment points for a BX25D IMHO. I ordered a set of custom length straps and marked each one's position and have any excess strap permanently secured. Instant on and off with no untidy loose ends.

Your allowed to use rachet straps in you're state? ? I think in Michigan its chains, maybe result heavy straps. Only have ever used chains. Don't need to risk a ticket

/ Any advice for chains/straps without hacking up my tractor or trailer? #12  
Your allowed to use rachet straps in you're state? ? I think in Michigan its chains, maybe result heavy straps. Only have ever used chains. Don't need to risk a ticket

Straps are legal for wheeled vehicles under 10,000#

With that said he needs to lower the BH and Bucket to the deck and put a strap over each. It's the law. The only exception is if they are pinned.

Chris

/ Any advice for chains/straps without hacking up my tractor or trailer? #13  
Straps are legal for wheeled vehicles under 10,000#

With that said he needs to lower the BH and Bucket to the deck and put a strap over each. It's the law. The only exception is if they are pinned.

Chris

Again not my BX or trailer, but why would he need a strap on the BH? The BH is what is actually strapped down in the rear..

/ Any advice for chains/straps without hacking up my tractor or trailer? #14  
These are what I use on my BX25 (not my tractor/trailer pictured). They work perfectly and probably took all of 5 minutes to install. They offer the perfect attachment points for a BX25D IMHO. I ordered a set of custom length straps and marked each one's position and have any excess strap permanently secured. Instant on and off with no untidy loose ends.

sxyHG6.jpg

n2Hl7m.jpg

TOCMT7.jpg

3CFy0O.jpg

Each implement has to be secured.
The front end loader has to be secured. Strap or chain the fel bucket to the trailer.
The back hoe has to be secured. Lower the bucket to the deck and strap the bucket to the trailer.
Those 4 little straps are not going to hold that 2500lb BX25 on that trailer in an accident.
IF that vehicle hits something and stops violently, the backhoe most likely will swing one way or the other.
You want that BX25 to stay on the trailer and not become a 2500lb object flying off the trailer.
:2cents:

/ Any advice for chains/straps without hacking up my tractor or trailer? #15  
Not arguing at all, but in the picture the BH (assembly) is secured. What if the straps are rated at 10k lbs breaking strength and 3333 lbs working load. The working load is 2.5X the load weight in any direction, breaking strength is 8x load weight in any direction.

/ Any advice for chains/straps without hacking up my tractor or trailer? #16  
Not arguing at all, but in the picture the BH (assembly) is secured. What if the straps are rated at 10k lbs breaking strength and 3333 lbs working load. The working load is 2.5X the load weight in any direction, breaking strength is 8x load weight in any direction.

Argue, disagree, whatever you want to call it. Both backhoe and FEL buckets need dedicated securement. Period.
Anyone in D.O.T enforcement at any level could write this BX for a minimum of two securement violations.

/ Any advice for chains/straps without hacking up my tractor or trailer? #18  
Again not my BX or trailer, but why would he need a strap on the BH? The BH is what is actually strapped down in the rear..

It's the law. All implements must be strapped separate. A BH or FEL must be strapped down or pinned.

Chris

/ Any advice for chains/straps without hacking up my tractor or trailer? #19  
The BH is strapped down, the strap attachment points are on the BH.

/ Any advice for chains/straps without hacking up my tractor or trailer? #20  
I believe what they are saying is that the backhoe bucket itself must be strapped, to keep it from articulating or swinging out of position...