Backhoe Any B26 owners who can take some measurements?

/ Any B26 owners who can take some measurements? #11  
Just an example, but here's one that is for a 1" diam pin with OD of 1 1/8", but it's 4" long - don't know what length you need.

McMaster-Carr

/ Any B26 owners who can take some measurements?
Carl - you read it right. The pin at the end of the dipperstick on the BH77 is 1". And the corresponding hole on the QA adapter for the BT820 is 1 1/8". A 1/16 bushing should do it - I will take a look at McMasterCarr and some other places and see what's out there when I get a chance. If a bushing was used - it just has to fit in there nice and snug - the pin is secured to the adapter (the pin rotates inside the bushing on the dipperstick itself - not on the bucket or QA, depending on what you have).

If a bushing could be found that fit - it could probably be loctited in place on the QA adapter just to keep it in place.

That's what I'm thinking - this could potentially be made to work - by getting some bushings. It's pouring out here right now - so I will have to take a closer look over the weekend and see what it would entail to maybe make it work with a bushing. I need to check the pin lengths too - I'm not sure if I need a longer pin or not. Right now I have the thumb on my BH77. So the other fitment issue is whether or not the QA adapter would work with the BH77 thumb.

I was making an assumption that it would - because the BT820 and the BH77 share the two parts I referred to earlier in this thread. Which would imply that the width of the connection points at least - is the same between two dippersticks. There might be subtle differences though that would make this not work.

The fact that the BT820 has a larger pin at the end of the dipperstick brings up another issue - the potential for overstressing the BH77 potentially by making some of these changes. My assumption was that because the BT820 and the BH77 were so close in dimensions and specs that the stresses on each would be roughly similar.

But there may be something else going on here (this is me reading between the lines) - because although Kubota has a 24" wide bucket listed for the BH77 if you go to the kubota.com parts site - the online configurator no longer shows it as an option.

Stuff like this makes me wonder if Kubota discontinued it for a reason (like the BH77 couldn't really handle a 24" bucket without wearing out prematurely)

Just an example, but here's one that is for a 1" diam pin with OD of 1 1/8", but it's 4" long - don't know what length you need.

McMaster-Carr

Thanks Chris.

That would actually work pretty good - if I cut it in half. The total width of the "bushings" in the QA adapter where the pins go thru - is about 2". So if that bushing was cut in half - it would probably fit in there nicely.

Looks like I'll be making a McMaster-Carr order.............

You could also have the BH77 drilled/milled to accept a 1 1/8" pin but this is a job!

That thought entered my head too - I was thinking that probably the best way to approach it would be to drill out the existing "bushing" at the end of the BH77 dipperstick (holesaw) - then - using some of the correct sized tubing for the 1 1/8" bushing from the BT820 - weld in some reinforcing plate at the end of the BH77 dipperstick.

It's not really a very complicated job - it's just a little more involved than simply swapping parts. And the best way to do it would likely involve taking the dipperstick off of the hoe

I don't think that is something I will be undertaking while the thing is still under warranty. We'll see where this investigation leads..........