Any benefit in changing hyd fluid?

/ Any benefit in changing hyd fluid? #11  
Good catch... I just grabbed the image from the online manual after doing a quick service intervals search, didn't look at the trans type.

/ Any benefit in changing hyd fluid? #12  
A lot for me depends on the tractor and uses. I own a small SCUT MT125. It has a common sump and a low amount of fluid. Not even 5 gallons. I will change it at 50 hours because it is required, but more so be cause the fluid is reused so many more times than a larger tractor with much more fluid. I will change it once a year even though it is not required, because it cost so little compared to a large tractor. On the big tractors, I would change it by the required hours, or every 3 years. Water gets in fluid just setting through condensation.

/ Any benefit in changing hyd fluid?
So it sounds like I *might* waste a little time and the cost of fluid, but there would be no harm changing the hyd fluid this weekend as part of the 50 hr service even though the manual doesn't call for it yet. I *might* benefit from getting some foreign material or condensation out early.

But I should probably expect no noticeable difference using the Kub super UDT-2 in place of whatever the factory put in there? Sound about right?
Capture9.JPG

/ Any benefit in changing hyd fluid? #14  
So it sounds like I *might* waste a little time and the cost of fluid, but there would be no harm changing the hyd fluid this weekend as part of the 50 hr service even though the manual doesn't call for it yet. I *might* benefit from getting some foreign material or condensation out early.

But I should probably expect no noticeable difference using the Kub super UDT-2 in place of whatever the factory put in there? Sound about right?
View attachment 531026
Changing fluid is never bad in my eyes. Good fluid is never bad either.

/ Any benefit in changing hyd fluid? #15  

View attachment 531026

I changed my filter at 50 hr and hyd fluid at 300 hr

/ Any benefit in changing hyd fluid?
Thanks everyone. Last dumb question....Since it has been dry and I was moving lots of crushed concrete and bush hogging, the machine is a dusty mess. Any harm in spraying down under hood with pressure washer? About same fan pattern and pressure as a typical coin-op car wash. Obviously careful around air intake, but anywhere else I shouldn't be spraying directly with water? Not planning to detail it or anything, just a good rinsing off.

/ Any benefit in changing hyd fluid? #17  
I just use a air hose and blow the tractor off never washed it

/ Any benefit in changing hyd fluid? #18  
Changing fluid is never bad in my eyes. Good fluid is never bad either.

I own an airplane with a $35K engine in it. The factory recommends changing the filter at 50 hours and the oil at 100. I have owned this airplane for over 35 years and have religiously changed oil AND filter every 25 hours and I haven't had a bit of trouble with this engine. It doesn't even leak any oil. Oil and filters are cheap in my mind compared to that $35K replacement cost.
I also owned an automotive repair business for 25 years and I had customers that really cared for their vehicles and others that didn't. You all know where I'm going with that also. The folks that changed oil and filter at 2000 mile intervals (including myself) had vehicles that lasted for ever. Oil and filters are cheap in the grand scheme of these machines; especially with regards to the SCUT's. There just isn't much fluid there to deal with. You gentlemen with the much bigger machines I'll give you that leeway as even having a container to catch that much fluid and dispose of it can be an issue.

Just my thoughts here with my own personal observations. Not trying to change any minds. :)

/ Any benefit in changing hyd fluid? #19  
Thanks everyone. Last dumb question....Since it has been dry and I was moving lots of crushed concrete and bush hogging, the machine is a dusty mess. Any harm in spraying down under hood with pressure washer? About same fan pattern and pressure as a typical coin-op car wash. Obviously careful around air intake, but anywhere else I shouldn't be spraying directly with water? Not planning to detail it or anything, just a good rinsing off.

I pressure wash my tractors 3 or 4 times a year. I've never had any problems as a result of that practice. Had everything cleaned up for Winter and then had to help a friend pulling a sheepsfoot while building a pad. Now the Kubota is dirty again..... Hoping for one last warm day to wash it again so it doesn't sit in the machine shed dirty all Winter. :)

/ Any benefit in changing hyd fluid? #20  
I own an airplane with a $35K engine in it. The factory recommends changing the filter at 50 hours and the oil at 100. I have owned this airplane for over 35 years and have religiously changed oil AND filter every 25 hours and I haven't had a bit of trouble with this engine. It doesn't even leak any oil. Oil and filters are cheap in my mind compared to that $35K replacement cost.
I also owned an automotive repair business for 25 years and I had customers that really cared for their vehicles and others that didn't. You all know where I'm going with that also. The folks that changed oil and filter at 2000 mile intervals (including myself) had vehicles that lasted for ever. Oil and filters are cheap in the grand scheme of these machines; especially with regards to the SCUT's. There just isn't much fluid there to deal with. You gentlemen with the much bigger machines I'll give you that leeway as even having a container to catch that much fluid and dispose of it can be an issue.

Just my thoughts here with my own personal observations. Not trying to change any minds. :)

I agree.

If I were one who rarely changes fluids I would have an oil analysis program going on.