Any snowmobile owners who own tractors?

/ Any snowmobile owners who own tractors? #21  
My 2017 Polaris 600 Switchback Special and my 2020 Polaris Indy 850 Indy XC137 are very nice stable mates for my John Deere tractors. My move to northern Wisconsin this fall (along with my retirement) should let me have more time to ride. I also will have closer access to the U.P. of Michigan should the Wisconsin snow come up short.

TC, where are you looking to buy a house at??

This is a pretty old thread. Does our 6x6 boss with pods count??

Last edited:
   / Any snowmobile owners who own tractors? #22  
I want the Hurley, WI area but the "old lady" wants a place closer to Hayward. I found a really nice place on about 20 acres near Wakefield, MI. I am going to start working on her to consider Michigan.

/ Any snowmobile owners who own tractors? #23  
I want the Hurley, WI area but the "old lady" wants a place closer to Hayward. I found a really nice place on about 20 acres near Wakefield, MI. I am going to start working on her to consider Michigan.

Wakefield is nice for outdoors stuff. Much more snow than Hayward, not quite as cold on coldest winter days. Also very far from any decent sized towns - Duluth is closest. I'm more remote still in the Keweenaw, but if either of you like shopping or big city restaurants there will be limited options anywhere near there. Last I knew Ironwood MI had one nicer restaurant. Ashland probably has a few and of course Bayfield in summer/fall will have lots, along with millions of rich tourists clogging them. Since Shopko closed and JC Penney's left the UP your shopping options are super limited, other than in Marquette which is a longer drive from there than Duluth is.

Not trying to dissuade you, just trying to help. Wakefield and area would be awesome for snowmobiling.

/ Any snowmobile owners who own tractors? #24  
Good thread!

We're down in S/E Michigan. Didn't get a ton of changes to rise this year but it wasn't terrible. The kids were able to ride around the property a bunch.

The wife and I have vMax 600's and the kids each have Enticer 340's.
20200229_172559.jpeg20200125_145132.jpeg20200112_094427.jpeg20191112_115005.jpeg

/ Any snowmobile owners who own tractors? #25  
Wakefield is nice for outdoors stuff. Much more snow than Hayward, not quite as cold on coldest winter days. Also very far from any decent sized towns - Duluth is closest. I'm more remote still in the Keweenaw, but if either of you like shopping or big city restaurants there will be limited options anywhere near there. Last I knew Ironwood MI had one nicer restaurant. Ashland probably has a few and of course Bayfield in summer/fall will have lots, along with millions of rich tourists clogging them. Since Shopko closed and JC Penney's left the UP your shopping options are super limited, other than in Marquette which is a longer drive from there than Duluth is..

What is the nice restaurant in the Ironwood area? We moved out of there in about 2002.

/ Any snowmobile owners who own tractors? #26  
What is the nice restaurant in the Ironwood area? We moved out of there in about 2002.

It's been a long time since I was there, maybe 6-7 years, but looking at maps I think it is the "Olde Suffolk Ale House," right downtown in a large older building.

/ Any snowmobile owners who own tractors? #27  
It's been a long time since I was there, maybe 6-7 years, but looking at maps I think it is the "Olde Suffolk Ale House," right downtown in a large older building.

We've eaten there and did like it. I thought they had closed but I just checked there web site and it seems they are still in operating. Seems we get to that area much more often than you do.

Last edited:
   / Any snowmobile owners who own tractors? #28  
First tractor came on this place in 1954 and I bought the first snow mobile that came on this place in about 1967, so yeaaa we have tractors and sno goes...

Current and last snow mobile that will be here is this Yamaha V Max 600,

standard.jpg

SR

/ Any snowmobile owners who own tractors? #30  
Arly, I am considering a Polaris General for my move to Wisconsin and I thought about perhaps installing tracks for winter use. I realize they can't be used on the snowmobile trails but would use them for utility work. Perhaps you could comment on your experience with respect to maintenance, ease of steering, problems,etc.