Any way to weld the thin metal on tractors and attachments?

/ Any way to weld the thin metal on tractors and attachments?
If you are trying to reattach a lighter gauge material to a structural brace, and you either dont have the skills or equipment to weld it back together, I’d suggest that you try a product by 3M. A product called “ impact resistant structural adhesive”. Part # 7333. You have to have a dual cartridge caulking gun( about 30$ on amazon) to apply this stuff. If you’ve got the parts fitted well and prepared right, this stuff is stronger than a weld. I use this stuff a lot in my line of work.
Already on that, but none of them seem to do a good job holding on since the tractor is covered with a hardened coating of oil from years of idling as some say..

/ Any way to weld the thin metal on tractors and attachments? #42  
yeah a tig is nice and all but too slow for fabrication and good for repair work but you can do way more with a mig then a tig

A TIG welder is the most versatile welding device one can plug in. ”Way more with a MIG“ must be from an inches per minute perspective.

TIG welding is used everyday around the world for fabrication.

/ Any way to weld the thin metal on tractors and attachments? #43  
A TIG welder is the most versatile welding device one can plug in. ”Way more with a MIG“ must be from an inches per minute perspective.

TIG welding is used everyday around the world for fabrication.
then let’s agree to disagree … versatile as far as metal choice sure … inch per minute ?? i am telling you if we both setup and weld a continuent line the mig would weld double what the tig dose in a set amount of time any day … if you say the opposite our discussion is over because it makes no sense.

/ Any way to weld the thin metal on tractors and attachments? #44  
An alternative would be to pop rivet a piece of sheet inside the fender. Not as elegant, but a quick and dirty way to get the job done.

/ Any way to weld the thin metal on tractors and attachments? #45  
Well, you rolled it over, so there is that. I should think a bit of surface prep on the tractor parts with appropriate gap with the heat down low, you should be able to weld it. Good luck!

/ Any way to weld the thin metal on tractors and attachments? #46  
check youtube for Fitzy fab videos. he uses 023 solid wire w/co2 in MIG to do patch panels on auto body work. Flux core won't do it on thin, but would be ok for the thicker braces & other "structure". As for oil & other contaminants, Clean to bare metal if you want anything to hold decently.

/ Any way to weld the thin metal on tractors and attachments? #47  
Mig or stick for general tractor maintenance, and it sounds like the OP already has one. Best suggestion is to gather up some scraps of metal, as with any welding, practice and seat time will get you proficient in a week. You-tube has about a million videos on welding stuff together, for more advanced explanations try Welding Tips and Tricks. Jody does a great job of explaining the process of what he is doing. Most is beyond gluing tractor fenders together with a MIG. But the concepts apply to any welding process. But seat time is key , most professional welders call MIG Monkeywire as it is pretty much the easiest to master.

/ Any way to weld the thin metal on tractors and attachments? #48  
Nobody has replied about using a torch. There simply isn't any better way to work metal. That's why they are so universally used.

/ Any way to weld the thin metal on tractors and attachments? #49  
Now you have me, whats a TIG and how is it different than a MIG?
As others have stated, they are different and take different skills to utilize correctly.

Have you considered using some sheet metal of the same size, pop rivets and if necessary some JB-Weld? (Instead of pulling out the unused mig you have, brazing, tig etc?)

Not to doubt your abilities, but maybe you should consider the following (not in any particular order): Take some classes at CC on welding, as mentioned earlier. Do some test welding on scrap material prior to using on finished project. Finally, you might want to consider taking a class on tractor safety/operations so you don't keep breaking things.

/ Any way to weld the thin metal on tractors and attachments? #50  
I'm always patching rust holes or damage on tractor sheet metal. Tractor sheet metal is usually thicker than 18 gauge, which is what just about all cars use, so its easier to weld. I use my MIG welder on it with 24 gauge wire. Sometimes I use acetylene. Battery boxes on a JD 4020 were 16 gauge, so that's pretty thick and easy to weld. Just takes practice and patience.