Anybody using a backhoe attachment on their CUT?

/ Anybody using a backhoe attachment on their CUT? #81  
I made a bad choice when I purchased my
computer its stupid can't spell worth a crap!
Also I must have purchased the wrong phone
as it won't pay my bills either!!!🤣

If I think I did not spell the word right I check
the internet for the correct spelling. Ever
since I tried to learn Italian have had problems
with spelling

willy

/ Anybody using a backhoe attachment on their CUT? #82  
Here's a decent video of a Mahindra 1626 backhoe removal and install.

Should be same for all in 1600 series.

/ Anybody using a backhoe attachment on their CUT? #83  

THat's pretty much identical to how I remove the backhoe from the Woods 4 point backhoe quick hitch on my tractor. However, on mine, I don't have to remove the lower 3 point arms to install the backhoe: I just have to disconnect the stabilizer arms from the 3 pt arms; the lower arms can remain on the tractor. Mine also runs off a PTO pump, so instead of disconnecting hoses, I just slide the pump off the PTO shaft.

Last edited:
   / Anybody using a backhoe attachment on their CUT? #84  
THat's pretty much identical to how I remove the backhoe from the Woods 4 point backhoe quick hitch on my tractor. However, on mine, I don't have to remove the lower 3 point arms to install the backhoe: I just have to disconnect the stabilizer arms from the 3 pt arms, THe lower harms can remain on the tractor. Mine also runs off a PTO pump, so instead of disconnecting hoses, I just slide the pump off the PTO shaft.
I thought the 3 pt arm thing would be an issue at first but it's not. I can have it off or on in less than 5 minutes

Last edited:
   / Anybody using a backhoe attachment on their CUT? #85  

Do you own one if these? Nice Backhoe!

What is the dig depth?

Also, as I was watching the video I was comparing how sweet the 3 point hitch was to connect up after removing the backhoe as compared to my Kubota 3560 HSTC.

On the Mahindra it's all pins (3 per side plus the top lift). On the Kubota it's 2 bolts per side and a pin.

The Kubota is much more cumbersome ... I think Mahindra has it down to a science! Nice.

/ Anybody using a backhoe attachment on their CUT? #86  
Boy oh boy, did my post generate a lot of replies! Thanks Everyone!
I now have at least one more question. And some observations too. When using the Case 580 it is not very easy to turn the seat around. So when moving the machine short distances I usually use the hoe for this task. The hoe will pick up the rear wheels so even side to side movements are possible and I have done it often. But more than one person here has said I will need to climb off the hoe and back onto the tractor to move it every three feet. Why would this need to be done?
I have looked at the linkage for the Power Shift and have determined that I could, without too much trouble, hook up a shifter so I could go forward or backward while sitting in the backhoe seat. Since the Power Shift doesn't require clutching it would be sorta like using the shuttle shift on the Case.
Since I would be using a sub frame with the little hoe would it still be dangerous to the tractor to lift the rear and shift it sideways like I do with the Case? I did crawl under the tractor to see how a sub frame would fit because there is already the FEL frame. Using cardboard and cutting it to fit around stuff I can see that I can make a sub frame that will work and bolt into the existing channel frame at the front of the tractor and clamp around the rear axle housing. There are even a set of grooves on each side of the rear axle housings that appear to be there for just this purpose.
Most of the rocks I will need to pick up weigh less than 200 pounds so as long as the thumb will allow that I would be pretty happy. For heavier rocks I would still use the bucket as I do now.
I do understand that the little hoe will not dig like the Case but I don't expect it to. If the Case wasn't so big I would just use it for everything. And I could just rent a mini excavator except the nearest rental place is about 60 miles from me and I would need it delivered. Living on an island can have its drawbacks.
I'm gonna keep reading this thread before I make a purchase. Like I said I have looked for someone who would want to trade my big Case for a smaller machine. And I'll keep looking for that option too. If I could trade it for a mini excavator with a thumb I would be very happy. But that's not gonna happen.
Thanks,
Eric
Hey Eric, so the Case isn't something you would use much for anything other than backhoe work?

I ask because losing the Case altogether (to trade it for a mini ex) could leave you with a possible void?

We all have different needs though. For myself I mount and use the hoe about 1/15th of the time, mostly use the tractor for other things. mowing, fork lift for firewood totes, grapple/brush removal, and FEL work. But then again I fit a pretty homogenous need/use factor when it comes to a piece of equipment like a tractor.

I look at mini excavators, and really see the way they could substantially improve maybe 25% overall of what I'm doing around the homestead... based on my use patterns. I could even say up to 50% if I stretch it.

2 things:

I can't lose the FEL/mowing/,bucket/forklift capabilities of a tractor, and even though some of those capabilities can be added back to the right sized ex, speed/maneuverability of a tractor isn't something I can move away from.

It's really interesting comparing the functionality of todays very expandable ag tractors or even skid loaders and (excavators to a degree) to the personal computer. They are all the "Swiss Army knives" of their respective genre.

For $600/ month... I'm filling lots of needs here. After 2.5 years behind the wheel, I'm thoroughly impressed with the robustness and variability these machines offer the everyday needs of so many out there.

There are 3 top items for me here.

I wish I would have done this 5, 10, or even 15 years ago.

I'm glad I bought new over used.

The Cab is one of the most enjoyable features other than the backhoe and Grapple I could have ever added.

I'm so very lucky to have made the right choice for me... and at the right time as well! Prices have soared over the last two years, 20% or more over pre-pandemic rates. I doubt they will ever come back down.

Last edited:
   / Anybody using a backhoe attachment on their CUT? #87  
I have an old Yanmar 336, about 33 HP, with a subrame mount Woods 750 backhoe PTO unit. It works but is for small work. I have had it for over 20 years. I first had it on with just the 3 pt arms but was concerned and bought the subframe for it.

/ Anybody using a backhoe attachment on their CUT? #88  
I have an old Yanmar 336, about 33 HP, with a subrame mount Woods 750 backhoe PTO unit. It works but is for small work. I have had it for over 20 years. I first had it on with just the 3 pt arms but was concerned and bought the subframe for it.

THat's pretty much identical to how I remove the backhoe from the Woods 4 point backhoe quick hitch on my tractor. However, on mine, I don't have to remove the lower 3 point arms to install the backhoe: I just have to disconnect the stabilizer arms from the 3 pt arms; the lower arms can remain on the tractor. Mine also runs off a PTO pump, so instead of disconnecting hoses, I just slide the pump off the PTO shaft.
That's design and ergonomics built together. Awesome to be able to leave the lower arms in the tractor. I did a video here on trying to mount the BH92 Backhoe on the Kubota 3560... just NO clearance at all with the 3 point left on.

Additionally, I've found that a top&tilt option for the Kubota isn't offered if you have a backhoe subframe. Again clearance issued prevent this. You would think that instead of designing a subframe, and then finding that other upgrade or additional offered updates to the hydraulic functionality are hindered by its design, that Kubota would have done a contentious design taking into consideration all they need to.

/ Anybody using a backhoe attachment on their CUT? #89  
Do you own one if these? Nice Backhoe!

What is the dig depth?

Also, as I was watching the video I was comparing how sweet the 3 point hitch was to connect up after removing the backhoe as compared to my Kubota 3560 HSTC.

On the Mahindra it's all pins (3 per side plus the top lift). On the Kubota it's 2 bolts per side and a pin.

The Kubota is much more cumbersome ... I think Mahindra has it down to a science! Nice.
I do own one. 7.5 feet. Yes, it's a nice set up while keeping it close to the tractor. There are some other brands where you can keep the 3 point arms on but the assembly sits further away from the tractor. That is one of several reasons I chose the Mahindra over the Kioti ck2610. Look at one of those and you can see how far back it sits. Not to mention some folks have had issues with the mounting frame failing.

Its been a great tractor. Like I said, I can have it on and off pretty quickly.

/ Anybody using a backhoe attachment on their CUT? #90  
That's design and ergonomics built together. Awesome to be able to leave the lower arms in the tractor. I did a video here on trying to mount the BH92 Backhoe on the Kubota 3560... just NO clearance at all with the 3 point left on.

Additionally, I've found that a top&tilt option for the Kubota isn't offered if you have a backhoe subframe. Again clearance issued prevent this. You would think that instead of designing a subframe, and then finding that other upgrade or additional offered updates to the hydraulic functionality are hindered by its design, that Kubota would have done a contentious design taking into consideration all they need to.

Good point. There's just no reason at all that the backhoe and FEL can't be mounted to the same heavy subframe. And at the same time leaving space for a complete hydraulic 3pt. All those parts could easily be on the tractor at the same time and ready to use - while still leaving room for a PTO, drawbar, and even a quickly removeable cab.

What's amazing about today's tractor market is that almost all the major manufacturers choose to compete on price instead of innovation. They end up simply copying each others' outdated mechanical designs encased in different body work and colors of paint. Decades go by without real improvement.

The result being that every tractor on the market looks & works about the same - and they all have the same old problems.
Very little has changed in tractor design in the last 40 years.

It sure is a wide open opportunity for someone.
rScotty