Anyone build or make a trailer dolly?

/ Anyone build or make a trailer dolly? #1  

Mousehunter

Tractor
2015 Kubota
Just curious. Given my barns and road layout, I often find it easier to disconnect trailers from my truck and push them in with a SxS (front mounted ball). I also have a manual dolly I occasionally use, but a power dolly would be much nicer. Considering a BCS 853, and trying to sell myself on it. I have other equipment, but sometimes the right tool is priceless.

/ Anyone build or make a trailer dolly? #2  
Here's one you can buy . Good for 40,000 lbs. I think it's neat so usually post when someone asks about a trailer mover. Scroll down to the last video about the the "Trailer Tug"
Videos - Media
Al

/ Anyone build or make a trailer dolly? #3  
You already have a trailer mover. I don't know what size it is but it's called 2015 Kubota in your signature. I made an attachment for my tractor and I use it all the time. I can move bumper pulls, 5th wheels and goose necks. I wouldn't want to be without it. The attachments are also manufactured commercially if you are unable to make one.

/ Anyone build or make a trailer dolly?
Sorry if my searching was weak, I did not see much relating to trailer dolleys and 2 wheeled tractors. I understand people use them to move goosenecks and fifth wheels with a 4 wheel tractor, and I have seen stand alone self powered ones-just have not seen a Grillo/BCS type implement. I have a pole barn with internal supports. While it is easy to park in the middle, about the only way stuff gets parked in the sides is if I can lift them there with a skid loader or push them by hand-no real room to use the hitch and a vehicle.

Fwiw the 2015 Kubota is a skid loader.

/ Anyone build or make a trailer dolly? #7  
would something like this work?

Attachments

• trailermover.jpg
    trailermover.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 213
   / Anyone build or make a trailer dolly? #8  
I made one for my BCS850, dolly attaches to the pin coupler above the PTO. Mine is very simple, a straight bar(channel like road sign post)about 4'long, axle about 25" with foam filled wheel barrow tires and a piece of 2 1/2" square tubing vertical with the ball on top. The ball is mounted on 2" tubing, removable so I can change it out with a seat. It works, works better pulling than pushing, in the yard I use it for moving a log splitter and light trailer. If I were to make it again, I would use the PTO coupler with a short "tongue" and a castor type wheels, power barrow style but shorter. Should work good for tight flat places. I just don't have much flat.IMG_1092.JPGTHis picture shows the dolly with the seat in place pulling a wagon. Seat removes, insert ball.