Anyone else do random acts of kindness?

/ Anyone else do random acts of kindness? #11  
We took in our neighborhood ors brother for a few hours the other day.

Neighbors brother was out on drill for the national guard. Finished up and got dropped off at his brother's.

Well his brother forgot he was coming over and had gone out of tows for the day. When they recieved the call that he was at their house, they were 4 hours away.

Saw the neighbors brother sitting outside earlier in the day. Started talking to him and when we found out his brother was still 3 hrs out we invited him into our house for dinner and to hang out since it was already 7pm.

A week before that encounter we noticed some fliers pop up on the mail boxes for our neighborhood. Notice was for a missing cat and if seen to please call the owner.

Was out walking our grandson and the pooch at dusk. Well the pooch alerted to something on top of a culvert for the retention ponds right behind the mailbox pedestals. Shined my flashlight and realized it was the missing cat.

Cat went up into the culvert. Called the kitties owner and let them know where I saw the cat.

They texted me back about mid morning the next day letting me know that they didn't find the kitty the night before. But went back over during the daylight and found a culvert that they missed. They found their kitty tucked up inside the culvert.

/ Anyone else do random acts of kindness? #12  
I witness random acts of kindness nearly every time I drive on public roads. It's real common to see drivers pulling between cars to prevent them rearending one another. 😇

/ Anyone else do random acts of kindness? #13  
I take my disabled neighbor to the grocery a couple times a week. Also make runs to a certain gas station so he can get his chewing tobacco.

Having the only tractor on a mile or so of road I try to keep driveways clear of snow, bushes on the roadside mowed, and help with whatever people need.

Had a neighborhood divorcee stop by a couple weeks ago with a gift for me. Of course I invited her in to talk to my wife (completely innocent but I'm no dummy) and they spend twenty minutes discussing education and educators.

I had bush hogged a small strip in a corner on the neighborhood road because the weeds and limbs were big enough to scratch vehicles as they passed by. Not really her property but still she appreciated it.

I try to help any and all of the widows, divorcees, etc. that live in the neighborhood. My wife thinks it is funny. I have become the "OLD MAN IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD" that those women, and some others, will come to for advice, tools, etc..

Makes me feel all my years.

RSKY

/ Anyone else do random acts of kindness? #14  
Whenever I travel into Launceston, Kings Meadows to be specific, I will typically shop at a 'chain' clothing store called "Rivers". It's an inexpensive line of apparel/footwear, but the quality is quite good.

After paying for my purchases the docket always includes a 'A$5 off of the next purchase' voucher... which I always hand over to the next person (whoever it may be) in the queue. It'll be months before I'm back that way and I wouldn't remember to bring it with me anyway. ;) If no one is in the queue at the time I just tell the cashier to add it to the next customer's bill.

/ Anyone else do random acts of kindness? #15  
I take my disabled neighbor to the grocery a couple times a week. Also make runs to a certain gas station so he can get his chewing tobacco.

Having the only tractor on a mile or so of road I try to keep driveways clear of snow, bushes on the roadside mowed, and help with whatever people need.

Had a neighborhood divorcee stop by a couple weeks ago with a gift for me. Of course I invited her in to talk to my wife (completely innocent but I'm no dummy) and they spend twenty minutes discussing education and educators.

I had bush hogged a small strip in a corner on the neighborhood road because the weeds and limbs were big enough to scratch vehicles as they passed by. Not really her property but still she appreciated it.

I try to help any and all of the widows, divorcees, etc. that live in the neighborhood. My wife thinks it is funny. I have become the "OLD MAN IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD" that those women, and some others, will come to for advice, tools, etc..

Makes me feel all my years.

RSKY
That was my father for most of his life. It came home to roost when he started getting Alzheimers and couldn't do things like plow the driveway; a local contractor started doing it and 4 yrs after Father's death, still hasn't sent them a bill.

/ Anyone else do random acts of kindness? #16  
I've been doing the drive-through thing for a little while at my local coffee shop. I always buy for the cops if I can, and most times, especially Fridays, for the people behind me. The first time it happened to me, I was shocked. Its a nice surprise for people.

/ Anyone else do random acts of kindness? #17  
Of course! Whenever possible!

/ Anyone else do random acts of kindness? #18  
I was in college in NE Ohio. An unexpected snowstorm dropped about 4 inches of heavy wet snow along with a temperature drop of several degrees. As I was walking back to the dorm there was a young lady in an electric wheel chair trying to get back to her room with very little success on the yet unplowed sidewalk. I watched in disbelief as several people simply walked around her as she sat stuck in the snow an shivering, chilled to the bone. As I came up behind her I asked if she needed help. With tears in her eyes she could only nod yes. With her electric chair it took very little effort to push her to her dorm. As I got her inside I could not believe the heartfelt thank you she mumbled to me. Her dormmates took off with her to warm her up. I never saw her on campus again.

/ Anyone else do random acts of kindness? #19  
The old lady and I fund a dentist at her office that treats low income children to dental care full time.

There is no better predictor of adult success than good oral hygiene in children. Children with bad oral care have a almost 100% chance of living at or below the poverty level in adulthood. It's amazing the correlation.

/ Anyone else do random acts of kindness? #20  
The old lady and I fund a dentist at her office that treats low income children to dental care full time.

There is no better predictor of adult success than good oral hygiene in children. Children with bad oral care have a almost 100% chance of living at or below the poverty level in adulthood. It's amazing the correlation.

Our oldest daughter teaches at a middle school in the next county. In one class she moved a student to the back of the room to move a 'talker' to the front. My granddaughter is in the class and afterward she told her mom that the kid could not see anything at the front of the room. So the next day my daughter questions the boy. He lives in a foster home and has never had his eyes checked. Tried daughter's glasses, she is nearsighted, and was amazed at how well he could see. She tells the story at Sunday lunch and I find a thirty year old pair of my glasses for him. The day after she gave the boy the glasses he came up to her and said she had changed his life. LOL. Those glasses had sat on my desk for months after I cleaned it out. Was going to throw them away but couldn't make myself do it. So now my daughter is working thru the school resource officer to find out if there are any groups that will pay for the boy to have his eyes checked and prescription glasses made for him. If not my wife and I are going to do it. The wheels of bureaucracy turn slowly but one way or another the boy will have new prescription glasses by the end of the year.