Anyone else have stealth prop planes around their property?

/ Anyone else have stealth prop planes around their property?
As others have said, might just be someone practicing.

Next time you hear it, as others have said, just go to

and find your area. If the plane is squawking a code, it'll show up and should show you some info.

I checked out that website, and it works pretty slick, even on my phone. It will be interesting to see if my local traffic shows up.

/ Anyone else have stealth prop planes around their property?
Want to get a picture of your package..lol

Sure it's not an ultralight? we have them around here constantly.

It's not an ultralight. I have seen them on very rare occasions. This looks like a normal small airplane.

/ Anyone else have stealth prop planes around their property? #23  
I checked out that website, and it works pretty slick, even on my phone. It will be interesting to see if my local traffic shows up.
Yep. I use it on my phone often. Sometimes on cloudy days I'll hear 'odd sounding' aircraft and pull up that website. I've found old WWII planes, piston freighters, military aircraft (sometimes), the Goodyear Blimp! :p

Give it a try and see how you like it. (y)

/ Anyone else have stealth prop planes around their property? #24  
We regularly have a low flying prop plane fly over checking the oil pipeline at the corner of our 33 acres.

/ Anyone else have stealth prop planes around their property? #25  
Most likely is that you have a spot that's an ideal emergency landing site in a practice area that instructors use. That would explain the recurrence. I might be wrong, but I think flight aware only tracks a/c that have ADS-B out.

/ Anyone else have stealth prop planes around their property? #26  
Can you get a picture of it, and post it on here ? Does it have any ID numbers and letters on the bottom of the wings ?

/ Anyone else have stealth prop planes around their property? #28  
if there just by flying visual flight rules, and practicing, your not going to find it on flight aware.

/ Anyone else have stealth prop planes around their property? #29  
I tried it today as my mother has been wondering why there are so many contrails overhead recently… sometimes as many as 5 at a time. The app showed no jets within a couple of hundred miles. Does that mean they are actually Chemtrails? 🤔🤪😁🦨

How far away can a jet be, and still leave his skat behind?

/ Anyone else have stealth prop planes around their property? #30  
I tried it today as my mother has been wondering why there are so many contrails overhead recently… sometimes as many as 5 at a time. The app showed no jets within a couple of hundred miles. Does that mean they are actually Chemtrails? 🤔🤪😁🦨

How far away can a jet be, and still leave his skat behind?
Well, for starters, many military planes won't be on that site. However, you also need to be zoomed in enough that the "declutter" feature is off. When I looked just now at a zoom level to show all of Maine, (N/S) including a lot of other areas (E/W), there were 1432 flights that had been "decluttered".

In general, to answer your question, contrails dissipate pretty quickly as the upper layers of the atmosphere are relatively dry. Most are gone in a few minutes, less if the air is dry or the upper atmosphere winds are high speed. So, aircraft have to be close.

Now there happens to be a hurricane in the North Atlantic at the moment, and it is possible that more flights are, or were, being diverted somewhat farther north into "your mother's airspace".

All the best,

Peter