Anyone else having problems viewing files?

/ Anyone else having problems viewing files? #81  
What type of "corrupted file" stuck in a cache can cause images not to display?...including images in new posts??
CSS that is dynamically changing the image path to an invalid one (pointing at an old server, a invalid path, etc) on the fly, or not setting it at all? How to Set img src using CSS - Sabe.io

Troubleshooting 101 for browser issues is to clear the cache and cookies for the site in question, often followed by disabling add ons, why are you surprised that it would be suggested?

Aaron Z

/ Anyone else having problems viewing files? #82  
Same here , can’t get images. Welding site images came through fine

/ Anyone else having problems viewing files? #83  
I appreciate y'alls efforts. I've done enough troubleshooting for remote customers not know it is a thankless job.

For those having problems, it is often a both-and, not an either-or situation. If your OS or browser changed in some way it could affect something on how this site is viewed. While the Admins may be able to make a change that will fix it, finding the root problem is next to impossible. Patience and communication is key.

I think the fact that it has been narrowed to Safari speaks volumes to their efforts. I would use the workaround of using another browser for now.

/ Anyone else having problems viewing files? #84  
Well - this morning is a totally different picture. I'm on FireFox and this particular thread is all screwed up. The thread opened up before all the data was loaded. Everything is listed in a vertical column on the left side of the page. Obviously there is work to be done here. I'll just say - adios - for now.

Strange - I checked five other threads on Rural Living - four were fine, one was not. AND now - about five minutes later - this thread seems to be OK.

I'm going over to Safari and see how that looks.

Last edited:
   / Anyone else having problems viewing files? #85  
Here on Safari. Some avatars show - some do not. Same with the pictures. The messages show just fine using either browser. The answer for me - just use FireFox. And if FireFox goes "blink" - there are many others.

/ Anyone else having problems viewing files? #86  
CSS that is dynamically changing the image path to an invalid one (pointing at an old server, a invalid path, etc) on the fly, or not setting it at all? How to Set img src using CSS - Sabe.io

Troubleshooting 101 for browser issues is to clear the cache and cookies for the site in question, often followed by disabling add ons, why are you surprised that it would be suggested?

Aaron Z
I did nothing and now pictures are showing up on my PC running Windows 10 on a Surface PC. So, at least in my case, it either fixed itself magically or the problem was at TBN's end.

iPad is still not working.

/ Anyone else having problems viewing files? #87  
Well - this morning is a totally different picture. I'm on FireFox and this particular thread is all screwed up. The thread opened up before all the data was loaded. Everything is listed in a vertical column on the left side of the page. Obviously there is work to be done here. I'll just say - adios - for now.

Strange - I checked five other threads on Rural Living - four were fine, one was not. AND now - about five minutes later - this thread seems to be OK.

I'm going over to Safari and see how that looks.

When that happens, do you do an immediate refresh?

Sometimes network glitches (speed, switching, connectivity) can cause issues for page displays.

/ Anyone else having problems viewing files? #88  
I did nothing and now pictures are showing up on my PC running Windows 10 on a Surface PC. So, at least in my case, it either fixed itself magically or the problem was at TBN's end.

iPad is still not working.
We didn't change anything. The safari browser issue has led us to some possible culprits but no reasons yet.

/ Anyone else having problems viewing files? #89  
riptides An added factor in my case. I'm on HughesNet and have been experiencing varying degrees of connectivity - due to weather. Many, many years on HughesNet. I've learned - you take what you can get and work with it.

Refresh does help - sometimes. Booting up an alternate browser will solve the problems - sometimes.

When your ONLY IP is satellite - you learn to live with it.

/ Anyone else having problems viewing files? #90  
riptides An added factor in my case. I'm on HughesNet and have been experiencing varying degrees of connectivity - due to weather. Many, many years on HughesNet. I've learned - you take what you can get and work with it.

Refresh does help - sometimes. Booting up an alternate browser will solve the problems - sometimes.

When your ONLY IP is satellite - you learn to live with it.
Oh I completely understand. I am sometimes network challenged for both speed and connectivity. The browser is of course the first place I notice it, and usually with basic page displays that go wonky.

Today I am dealing with a PC that will not stay on a 5ghz network band. It looks like a driver update has been introduced and it decides at random time to speak more slowly than it is capable of. Incredible.

Good luck to you.