Anyone else having problems viewing files?

/ Anyone else having problems viewing files? #61  
Nothing changed on our end before this error occurred for you. So I am going to run down all the leads I can find. We're going to test on a Mac later to see if we can duplicate the problem with our own browsers.

Do ads display for you? The main TBN logo at the top loads? Is it ONLY Avatars and uploaded images? (Other than your own avatar?)

I'm going to keep looking, but we honestly didn't touch the server until Monday evening (after this error was already occuring) the DNS changes and errors others got were related to the server migration that we reverted. It's also working for most other people. So I keep asking about YOUR settings, YOUR adblockers, YOUR stuff because until I can reproduce the error on my end, it's extremely difficult to find what's wrong.

Also, you stated that 'newer browsers' worked? But in your other reply they don't? Can you get me the specific browser versions that you tried? (Should be under help->about or settings->about)

/ Anyone else having problems viewing files? #62  
Seeing ads...seeing my own avatar image...no other uploaded images...
FF versions from the latest all the way down to (32 bit) 59.2

Don't know what more to tell you something changed and it was not on my end...this is the only site with the issue...if the problem was occurring on other sites I never would have even mentioned it on this forum...

/ Anyone else having problems viewing files? #63  
Welcome to database management. I call them, Fractal Rube Goldberg Machines.

As they fix the code more problems arise. A delicate balance like a Jenga tower. One wrong move and the whole thing collapses.

As a data point. On a desktop at the office with more firewalls than fort knox using chrome. Everything is good for me.

/ Anyone else having problems viewing files? #64  
Seeing ads...seeing my own avatar image...no other uploaded images...
FF versions from the latest all the way down to (32 bit) 59.2

Don't know what more to tell you something changed and it was not on my end...this is the only site with the issue...if the problem was occurring on other sites I never would have even mentioned it on this forum...

Hard refresh, restart, try different browsers.

Provide a link to a few images that are not showing for you. Go directly to the URL of the broken image: https://tractorbynet.com/forums/data/avatars/m/0/4.jpg?1614405151

Do you see my youthful face when you click that link?

/ Anyone else having problems viewing files? #65  

Provide a link to a few images that are not showing for you. Go directly to the URL of the broken image: https://tractorbynet.com/forums/data/avatars/m/0/4.jpg?1614405151

You should fix the problems with the mods and the site and stop worrying about some thread where a legitimate cOnversation is taking place.
Look. I let everyone reading the thread know that things were working for me. You somehow interpreted that to mean everything was working correctly on the site. I never said that, nor implied it, nor suggested it.

YOU somehow did, then started ranting with the !!!!!!!

I now kinda hope it never works for you ever again. :ROFLMAO:
This response from Moss to /pine is a prime example of a moderator who needs a time out.

/ Anyone else having problems viewing files? #66  

I've previously uploaded examples of images not loading (in this thread)

when I click your hyperlink I get a dialog box asking what I want to do with the file if I click "open" it says "can't read file header"

I mentioned before that all that shows is the file name (i.e., a string of digits and an extension)...the rest of the uri has been truncated...(see previously uploaded screen shots)...

Below is a link captured from "image info" via FF

The above is from this post: https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/threads/groan-part-quatre.445736/post-6463439

/ Anyone else having problems viewing files? #67  
I've previously uploaded examples of images not loading (in this thread)

when I click your hyperlink I get a dialog box asking what I want to do with the file if I click "open" it says "can't read file header"

I mentioned before that all that shows is the file name (i.e., a string of digits and an extension)...the rest of the uri has been truncated...(see previously uploaded screen shots)...

Below is a link captured from "image info" via FF

The above is from this post: https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/threads/groan-part-quatre.445736/post-6463439

So the URL that you posted opens to an image with a mime joke on it.

So when you try to open the URL to the image, what does the URI get truncated to? Or it pops up the "cannot read file" error you told me about earlier?

Again, I'm not debating that you're having an issue, I'm trying to understand why so I can solve it.

/ Anyone else having problems viewing files? #68  
It does not open the meme image file...(cannot read header...)

in the post window the uri is already truncated all I see is the file name...i.e., "12345678.jpg"
one thing to note...cannot highlight and copy the file name...only got the full uri by right clicking on the file name and bring up the image info data box...

/ Anyone else having problems viewing files? #69  
It does not open the meme image file...(cannot read header...)

in the post window the uri is already truncated all I see is the file name...i.e., "12345678.jpg"
one thing to note...cannot highlight and copy the file name...only got the full uri by right clicking on the file name and bring up the image info data box...

I made a change that might have affected YOUR avatar. Does it still show up for you? (After this post) Or is it missing now? (It SHOULD be missing if my hunch is right, but if it's still there, I'll try other stuff.)

/ Anyone else having problems viewing files? #70  
I made a change that might have affected YOUR avatar. Does it still show up for you? (After this post) Or is it missing now? (It SHOULD be missing if my hunch is right, but if it's still there, I'll try other stuff.)
still seeing my avatar image...in refreshed pages and different forums...