Anyone else having trouble getting parts?

/ Anyone else having trouble getting parts? #1  

danisiri

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota M7060HDC12
I've had my XR4040H in with RCO Tractor for 5 1/2 weeks now and they keep telling me that parts are on their way...for the past three weeks. This is a warranty repair regarding the tractor getting stuck in limp mode and not completing a regen. I contacted LS corporate on Monday, and they told me they expedited things and overnighted the parts to RCO. But several nights later, the parts are still not there, lol.

Anyone else getting delays on parts? Has anyone run into the situation where a tractor could not be repaired? Did LS swap the tractor for something new or offer a prorated refund?

Thanks!

/ Anyone else having trouble getting parts? #2  
I don't like the sound of that, I have a XR4155HC on order at RCO right now. I assume that RCO is taking good care of you just LS being slow with parts? That's my biggest fear buying this tractor is parts availability.

/ Anyone else having trouble getting parts?
I don't like the sound of that, I have a XR4155HC on order at RCO right now. I assume that RCO is taking good care of you just LS being slow with parts? That's my biggest fear buying this tractor is parts availability.

RCO told me that LS changed their parts ordering system and there are delays. LS told me they overnighted the parts. But, still nothing has arrived, according to RCO...whenever I am actually able to get someone on the phone. I have to hound them to get any updates, and usually the answer is "UPS will deliver it soon". They did comp my 50-hour service (I'm only at 33 hours though) as a way to help me out.

At this point, I can say that I regret buying a LS tractor. I should have paid more for someplace close by with a larger parts network.

Anyway, we shall see what happens. Ideally, I want a replacement tractor or a refund even if it's prorated. I paid cash, so there's no loan to deal with. But I'd be fine if they would just fix my tractor and I get it back. I needed the tractor a month ago. I desperately need it now. Of course, I'm afraid if I get the old one back, it'll just go into limp mode again, lol.

If somehow LS and RCO can turn me into a happy customer again, I will sing their accolades. I don't know if they will or if they have given up on making things right.

/ Anyone else having trouble getting parts? #4  
Hate to hear these types of things. I haven't read much bad about the LS line in general. Lots of happy owners out there. I wonder if the XR40?? series is more problematic then the XR41?? series. RCO is around 3 hr from my place. My local dealer wouldn't even answer question before I would buy or even answer emails. RCO was spot on with customer service. I hope you get this worked out.

/ Anyone else having trouble getting parts? #5  
Don't get your hopes up on a "replacement tractor"

Ain't NEVER gonna happen.

Got a call from RCO today that they finally received the part and now everything is fixed. I'm going to pick it up next week.

Also, RCO is telling me they did what they could do get the part and are upset with LS that I was told it would be overnighted when it wasn't. I can see from their perspective that it makes RCO look bad to the customer. Supposedly LS is reviewing their procedures to see where the ball was dropped.

I am still leery as to whether the tractor is truly fixed or not, though. I worry that this is a lemon. I hope to trade it in asap for another brand.

As for RCO, they were not the best about communication. If they would have periodically updated me with a phone call or email, I would not have felt like I was being ignored. To their credit, they did comp a 50-hour service for me. I think if everything is smooth, they do well.

/ Anyone else having trouble getting parts? #7  
I hope to trade it in asap for another brand.

If your experience is anything like mine, expect them to not want to trade it at all or offer you half of what you paid at a green or orange dealership. I was able to sell mine to a private party for about 2/3 of what I paid.

If your experience is anything like mine, expect them to not want to trade it at all or offer you half of what you paid at a green or orange dealership. I was able to sell mine to a private party for about 2/3 of what I paid.

Both Kubota and NH have expressed interest in the trade, though they have not given me a value yet. I have thought about selling it to a private party, but I would feel bad if it ends up having problems again for the buyer. Hence, I expect to take a loss trading it in.

/ Anyone else having trouble getting parts? #9  
I would just use the thing. If it continues to have issues then trade it. They will always take it in on trade but it could be just fine now. As someone has said a lot of guys like their LS. You know you will take a beating if you trade it but it could be that you have a perfectly fine tractor now. Even the orange, green and red ones break on occasion.

I would just use the thing. If it continues to have issues then trade it. They will always take it in on trade but it could be just fine now. As someone has said a lot of guys like their LS. You know you will take a beating if you trade it but it could be that you have a perfectly fine tractor now. Even the orange, green and red ones break on occasion.

True. It will be put to work immediately. We shall see how it goes for now.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

JOHN DEERE E000B 12' GRAIN DRILL , S/N 064081M (A34808)
JOHN DEERE E000B...
New 66" Smooth Bucket (A34302)
New 66" Smooth...
2016 CASE CX145C Excavator (A33028)
2016 CASE CX145C...
JOHN DEERE 4020 FARM TRACTOR, S/N 89024, FRONT END LOADER, 3PT, 540/1000 PTO, NEW STARTER & NEW (A34808)
JOHN DEERE 4020...
4775 RT3062 FRONTIER TILLER W/540 PTO 2021 MODEL (A34733)
4775 RT3062...
2021 John Deere 6120E Tractor (A33028)
2021 John Deere...