Anyone have an old Case parts book they can look something up in please?

/ Anyone have an old Case parts book they can look something up in please? #1  

KilroyJC

Elite Member
Tractor
1962 Case 430, 1995 Craftsman Yard Tractor/mower, 1949 South Bend 9A Lathe, WoodMizer Lx55 sawmill, Kubota KX033-4 Mini-Excavator
I would like to change the hydraulic filter on a 1962 Case 430 with the 188ci Diesel, manual clutch/transmission, manual steering, single control for attachment up/down, I can only read the first two numbers on the Wix filter “31?” The rest are obliterated.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

/ Anyone have an old Case parts book they can look something up in please?
Thank you! Now I have to figure out which of the two it is. . . Looks like I will have to get a bit messy this weekend…

/ Anyone have an old Case parts book they can look something up in please? #4  
Primary filter is 10 times the particle size (more open) as secondary, here's a link to secondary options

Primary

HTH... Steve

Edit - Sorry, I misread - the above are FUEL filters for the 188 diesel. My 580B only has ONE filter I know of, mounts in a canister behind the right side's loader tower. Probably not much help, sorry...

Last edited:
All donations gratefully accepted! And if it doesn’t specifically help me, it may help someone else! 😎👍

/ Anyone have an old Case parts book they can look something up in please? #6  
Here's a complete parts manual for you Case 430, on the Case/IH online parts store. Select hydraulics in menu at left. Several exploded views of the components of the system. Select the one that shows the filter you're looking for, and select it. Description, and part numbers to the right. Select the part in the parts list, and it will open in another window. Copy, and paste the part number to the NAPA site, it should cross it for you. Case ag & utility tractor (prior to s/n 8262800) | Case IH | MyCNHi US Store

Thank you!!!! That is what I need —- I downloaded an owner’s manual, but it just says to use “Genuine Case Parts” because that is how those old manuals were…

/ Anyone have an old Case parts book they can look something up in please? #8  
Welcome..!!

Here's a complete parts manual for you Case 430, on the Case/IH online parts store. Select hydraulics in menu at left. Several exploded views of the components of the system. Select the one that shows the filter you're looking for, and select it. Description, and part numbers to the right. Select the part in the parts list, and it will open in another window. Copy, and paste the part number to the NAPA site, it should cross it for you. Case ag & utility tractor (prior to s/n 8262800) | Case IH | MyCNHi US Store
Thank yo—— Bookmarked that one 👍

/ Anyone have an old Case parts book they can look something up in please? #10  
It's not as handy as it used to be. Several years ago Case/IH deleted a lot of items, like casting pieces they don't handle anymore. Really handy for searching for parts like that. I had an old 310B the top reverser transmission cover, with shifters was shot. Looked up the part number, and searched salvage yards for good used ones, and came up with one. Same with several other tractors I have, so started looking for, and found OEM hard copies.

The key to finding parts, is using the OEM part number. Type it into a search engine, and you'll be amazed what is out therefor sale. I've had the best luck using Google.

Ford/New Holland, AGCO, and John Deere have the same type online parts catalogs, if you ever need parts for their equipment, for tractors, and implements.