anyone switch to LED lights?

/ anyone switch to LED lights? #41  
   / anyone switch to LED lights? #42  
Thanks guys, Im looking to replace just the bulbs with cree bulbs.
Does anyone know where I can buy them.
Heres the part# for the current bulbs TCE1090100A4
Thank You Kindly
YB.

/ anyone switch to LED lights? #43  
Are you looking just to replace the bulbs, or the whole lamp assembly?
I'm asking since my understanding is LED's require a different reflector then an OEM light...

A reflector designed for incandescent bulbs (btw, halogen bulbs are incandescent) is designed with the light coming from a very small location (where the filament is). HID bulbs emit from an area which even in the same bulb size is typically a longer line, and LEDs bulbs often emit from multiple ... LEDs... at the same time, in an area which is much larger than the light emission area of an incandescent.

As such, HIDs and LEDs in OEM configurations (ie, as installed in a car from the factory) typically shine through a lens - "projector" style - so that the light all goes where they want it. When you put one of these bulbs in a reflector that's designed for an incandescent bulb, because the light is coming from more area than the reflector was designed for, you typically get a wider "spray" of light.

This may be mitigated by whatever lens is in front of the reflector - on my motorcycle, the spray definitely goes wider left/right, but there's still a sharp cut-off above (where it would interfere with oncoming traffic) because of the design of the lens (lucky me; also this is with an HID which has a different pattern than LEDs).

This spray can matter significantly on the road because that extra light goes into oncoming drivers' eyes.

This spray is likely to be beneficial to a tractor driver, because they're not dealing with oncoming traffic, and it in effect makes the light somewhat more "flood" than before, and since the LEDs are so much brighter than the incandescent, it's actually an overall win.

The only concerns I have as a tractor owner about using LEDs are
1, will the LEDs survive in the tractor (cooling & dirt/chaff issues)
2, will my eyes survive the reflected glare when my bucket is in front of the headlamps

/ anyone switch to LED lights?
Thanks guys, Im looking to replace just the bulbs with cree bulbs.
Does anyone know where I can buy them.
Heres the part# for the current bulbs TCE1090100A4
Thank You Kindly
YB.

take it out and look at it, i bet its just an H4. the Branson part numbers are just about useless.

/ anyone switch to LED lights? #45  
Herm, it is an H4, but where do I buy them?

any parts store? amazon? its like the most common headlight bulb ever.

got my led's installed. the work light with the switch seems pretty heavy duty. nice cast housing, big stainless hardware.

the lights are brigter to the eye, esp. the back up lights. the blinkers are a bit faster, but not enough to make me put the resistor in. the 4 way flasher is a nice speed now and before it was quite slow. left side is LED and right is stock (work light side). hard to get in a picture, but the LEDs are brighter. reverse lights are much better, hard to show by ones self though.

Screenshot_20211105-132725_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20211105-134500_Gallery.jpg

part numbers: did not use the resistors. YMMV on that.
1636142104393.png

link to video.

/ anyone switch to LED lights? #48  
I replaced the rear work light with one of these: Amazon.com: OZUSA 3" Round 12w Osram LED High Output Exterior Interior Utility Work Light Flood Beam with Toggle Switch for Offroad SUV SxS Truck Trailer RV Marine Vessels 12-32 Volts : Automotive
The switch is easier to operate than the stock light and it's brighter.

It bolts right on. The factory electrical connectors appear to be 3.9mm bullet connectors like are found on Japanese motorcycles. I had those and a crimp tool so it was extra easy to wire it up.