Anyone use an electric mower blade sharpener?

/ Anyone use an electric mower blade sharpener? #41  
Like I said a while ago, much cheaper to just replace them for 40 bucks a set every spring than to buy a sharpener unless it's a commercial operation. Especially in my scenario where the sandy loam eats the blade kick up away much faster than the edge gets dulled.
Maybe you should just throw your blades out and replace them every year instead.

/ Anyone use an electric mower blade sharpener? #42  
Gee, I've always ground my mower blade on my 8" bench grinder..... Maybe I'll try my 4.5 flappy discs next time.
I think you will be impressed how well it works

/ Anyone use an electric mower blade sharpener? #43  
I wonder if anyone tosses their blades and buys new.

🦨🦨🦨🦨🦨🦨🦨 :sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

/ Anyone use an electric mower blade sharpener? #44  
Glaze has nothing to do with it. I know my way around metal working/grinding equipment. Blade grinders or bench grinders just ain't as fast as a flap disc on an angle grinder for material removal
If you are talking about a 7/9/11 inch angle grinders than you are correct. Anything under 6 inch I will keep my Burrking.

/ Anyone use an electric mower blade sharpener? #45  
Burr Kings are great for the production guy. For most of world, flap discs do leave you with a nice edge. Myself I wouldn't see the value in a positioner. Following the angle of the bevel on decent blades are never a problem. A nicer balancer would be a better investment IMO. Also be sure to have an abrasive metal grinding wheel on hand for that blade that got into a bit of trouble, then switch back for a finish with the flap. For people that ask me directly, I tell them the best idea for most is to always have an extra set of blades on hand and then bring the old set in for sharpening. But then again, redressing your mower blades can be therapeutic!

/ Anyone use an electric mower blade sharpener? #46  
Nope, talking standard 4-1/2 or 5" grinder.

Even badly damaged blades and even my bushhog blades. Flap disc is my choice.

Too many people seem to be under the impression that they are just for light grinding and polishing. Nope. They hog material just as fast if not faster than a hard abrasive.....and they are quieter, less chatter/vibration, and safer.

The ONLY time I use a hard wheel is gouging out cracks to be welded....or removing weld beads in on a TEE joint or similar.

Mower blades ain't rocket science either. The angle is not real critical.

/ Anyone use an electric mower blade sharpener? #47  
I use the blade sharpening kit for the Dremel. I was hoping it wouldn't work so I had a reason to buy a bigger better one, but it works.

/ Anyone use an electric mower blade sharpener? #48  
Anyone have an electric mower blade sharpening machine and if so, how do you like it? What kind do you have and are they worth the price of $400 to over $1,000? How often do you sharpen blades? Would you buy one again?

I have been using a 4 1/2" hand grinder with a 36 or 60 grit sanding disk for many years. It's cheap and does as good of a job as any specialty blade sharpening machine, especially at the prices I see posted here.

/ Anyone use an electric mower blade sharpener? #49  
Anyone have an electric mower blade sharpening machine and if so, how do you like it? What kind do you have and are they worth the price of $400 to over $1,000? How often do you sharpen blades? Would you buy one again?
I use the All American Sharpener ...
The first time takes a little longer to return to the proper angle but after that just a few passes and it is very sharp. The blades work so much better when sharpened to the proper angle. This jig is amazing!

/ Anyone use an electric mower blade sharpener? #50  
I have a small cone shape balancing gizmo that I got somewhere for a few buck. I use my angle grinder to Sharon my blades once a year & if I have to remove a lot of material on either sides of 1 blade I balance it on my cone. It is easy & cheap, very cheap. After all I am not commercial so $400.00 - $1000.00 is better used elsewhere…