anyone using a WoodMaxx blower??

/ anyone using a WoodMaxx blower?? #191  
   / anyone using a WoodMaxx blower?? #192  
I'm thinking about an SB60 for my Yanmar EX3200. My tractor is rated at 25 HP PTO, so it's right in the middle of the recommended range for this blower. My tractor wheelbase is about 1-2 inches wider than the blower, but I don't think I can run an SB72 on this tractor. I would probably set up the tractor for winter with my 72" snow blade on front, which weighs about 420#.

I have about 1000' of driveway that I clear, most of which is gravel. There is about 70 feet of 2-car wide concrete driveway leading up to the house, and another concrete pad in front of my shop. The terrain isn't completely flat, but I only have one short hill that is at all steep - easy to handle by clearing it in two passes downhill.

Thoughts about this setup?

I do have a WoodMaxx chipper, so I know what to expect in terms of the quality of their products and customer support - both generally excellent.

Dave

Your setup with the plow for smaller storms and the 60" unit should serve you well to clear and blow the deeper snow then any clean up you can do with the blade.

Most of the time we get snow in the 4-10" range here, so a blade cleanup is faster, but when the sides close in with the plowed piles is where the SB is needed for the larger storms.

/ anyone using a WoodMaxx blower?? #193  
I bought a SB60 WoodMaxx blower for my Kubota B2150 (18 HP PTO) last year and it worked really well. My driveway sounds similar to yours ~ 1000' gravel with a short, steep hill. The blower is heavy and I don't have a FEL so I had to add around 350# to the front end. I was able to do the driveway in 2 passes, down and back up, although if we get a really deep snow I'll probably resort to 2 downhill passes. My tractor has turf tires so I added chains for the hill. I'm impressed with the quality of the unit.

/ anyone using a WoodMaxx blower?? #194  
I have an SB60 driven by Kubota B2650. I have fooled with the top link pitch as well as adjusting the skid plates but still can’t seem to get the blower level. The blower should be level, right? Seems to tilt downward (front is higher than the cutting edge side). It works fine but it just bugs me.

/ anyone using a WoodMaxx blower?? #195  
Is there more than one attachment point available on the tractor side of your 3 point arms? Can you post a picture of the lower arms where they're pinned to the bottom points on your blower? I seem to recall another poster with same issues, and he was in the wrong pin holes on the blower side.

/ anyone using a WoodMaxx blower?? #196  
Hello Hillstreet,

Are your lower links fully extended???
Is there a slot in the top link or just the pin hole?? Check the steel on the snow blower top link to see if t he hole is still circular.

About the lower links, the thing is the lower links can and will affect how the geometry of the snow blower looks and works.

I would extend the lower links and then level the snow blower again.

/ anyone using a WoodMaxx blower?? #197  
ED0D2C20-1BD7-4475-821A-0502A621CF98.jpeg0A0958A9-7BDD-4F77-AFC3-A489F9C477D3.jpeg0A0958A9-7BDD-4F77-AFC3-A489F9C477D3.jpeg5CD9BE28-53DB-4447-AF77-9EB59AD2D6AB.jpeg
Is there more than one attachment point available on the tractor side of your 3 point arms? Can you post a picture of the lower arms where they're pinned to the bottom points on your blower? I seem to recall another poster with same issues, and he was in the wrong pin holes on the blower side.
Slim, here are a couple pics. The scrape blade is contacting the level concrete floor. The skid plates are too low and I will raise them. The side arms are in the upper position of the blower.

/ anyone using a WoodMaxx blower?? #198  
   / anyone using a WoodMaxx blower?? #199  
On the blower side, not sure if the top pin hole on the lower link pins is where you want to be. I'm thinking at least lower your lower link arms as far as they can go, and maybe go to the bottom hole where you pin to the blower, and try that.

/ anyone using a WoodMaxx blower?? #200  
On the blower side, not sure if the top pin hole on the lower link pins is where you want to be. I'm thinking at least lower your lower link arms as far as they can go, and maybe go to the bottom hole where you pin to the blower, and try that.
I may have to try that because what I just did does not work. I shortened the top link to make the blower level (inline with the tractor). The scraper blade is one inch off the floor and the feet don’t even touch the floor. In other words, the 3PH is positioned in its lowest dimension and the blower is still in the air. I even checked the drive line (disconnected it from the blower) and removed pins from the check chains. It will not touch the floor.