anyone using a WoodMaxx blower??

/ anyone using a WoodMaxx blower?? #181  
I have a mahindra 1533 shuttle and am looking at a sb-72. My question is this. The specs on my tractor says the pto hp is 25. The specs on the sb-72 say at least 25 hp. Is anyone else running a sb-72 with about 25 hp? I checked with woodmaxx themselves and the said it would work but you would need to go slow and it would not throw snow as far as a unit paired to more hp at the pto. Just wondering how it would be at the minimum.

I'm running that blower on a Kioti with 45 PTO hp. In heavy snow you will have to go VERY slow, like under 1mph. That may be OK depending on your purposes, but it may be difficult with a shuttle-gear tractor (which I also have). Is a 60" blower an option? Do you have a creeper gear allowing full engine RPM at sub-1mph speed?

/ anyone using a WoodMaxx blower?? #182  
I have a 60" Woodmax running on a Kubota B2150 hydro (18 hp pto) and it works well. Aside from horsepower, another consideration is the weight of the blower. It's a very solid unit and the weight of the 60" is 700 lbs. I don't have a FEL and needed to add substantial weight to the front of the tractor to get traction on the front wheels.

/ anyone using a WoodMaxx blower?? #183  
I'm running that blower on a Kioti with 45 PTO hp. In heavy snow you will have to go VERY slow, like under 1mph. That may be OK depending on your purposes, but it may be difficult with a shuttle-gear tractor (which I also have). Is a 60" blower an option? Do you have a creeper gear allowing full engine RPM at sub-1mph speed?

1st low is pretty slow. I was looking at a 72” because my tractor is approximately 63” wide and the road I am planning on building will have a couple of turns. Plus it seems to me that having a few inches clearance on the wheels would make my current small parking lot easier to blow.

/ anyone using a WoodMaxx blower?? #184  
Not a WoodMax, just a farm King type, open gears. Massey 1742 cab, 84 inch blower with a 20 inch fan. Hst works great. Lots of watching the mirrors, straight half mile drive.

/ anyone using a WoodMaxx blower?? #185  
1st low is pretty slow. I was looking at a 72” because my tractor is approximately 63” wide and the road I am planning on building will have a couple of turns. Plus it seems to me that having a few inches clearance on the wheels would make my current small parking lot easier to blow.

That all makes sense, but I'll tell you 1st-low on my Kioti isn't slow enough with my 45 pto hp when there's 14"+ of snow to clear. HST or a creeper gear would fix this issue, but I have neither. I expect you would be fine for 4-5" snowfalls but the reputation of upstate NY suggests to me you get more than that sometimes. We sure do.

/ anyone using a WoodMaxx blower?? #186  
Hi everyone-
Hope thread is still open. I've noticed 2 things about the Woodmaxx compared to the Allied farmking blowers (only blowers I've seen in stock locally) in the 60" size. The Woodmaxx is much heavier and had a closed gearbox in oil. In the Allied it's open geared until you get into the bigger sizes. I understand the difference physically but what would the practical difference be if anything? Also the Woodmaxx has alot more spec info online. The only 2 things I can compare are weight (Woodmaxx much heavier so I assume heavier built all around) and the Woodmaxx uses heavier gauge chain.
So price is basically a wash for me one seems to be heavier unit and one has benefits of being a local deal. For additional info I have a Kubota B2650 and will be getting for use in Nebraska. So unless things really change (saying this year will be bad) it isn't going to get used like the guys up north use theirs. Maybe get away with the lighter built into to get benefits of local dealer?
Thanks a lot!

Their really is nothing you need a dealer for unless you hammer the **** out of the blower and break something major. I HAD an Allied and blew a jackshaft bearing. Went to my local bearing distributer and $12 later i was rolling. My Woodmaxx is far superior to my old Allied. for one i have a 24" 4 blade fan which throws way further than the Allied which had a 3 blade. I think the new Allied's are 4 blade now. Also the Woodmaxx has a serrated auger that cuts through hard pack. The allied would have to be rammed into hardpack. Again not sure how the new Allied's are but i wouldn't let the lack of a dealer hold you back from a Woodmaxx as it's a far superior blower IMHO. **** my LS tractor dealer was 210 miles away when i was in Montana.........

/ anyone using a WoodMaxx blower?? #187  
Looking at the Woodmaxx SB60 on a TYM 330 HST, 25+hp est PTO. Last year I had 5 feet plus drifts and and need to get the snow out of drive. I ran out of room along side the drive to move snow. will this work or do I need a bigger tractor?

/ anyone using a WoodMaxx blower?? #188  
Looking at the Woodmaxx SB60 on a TYM 330 HST, 25+hp est PTO. Last year I had 5 feet plus drifts and and need to get the snow out of drive. I ran out of room along side the drive to move snow. will this work or do I need a bigger tractor?

You should have NO problem running a 60" with that tractor. My LS 3037 was 30.2 PTO HP and i had no issues running a 72"

/ anyone using a WoodMaxx blower?? #189  
I'm upgrading my old Kubota L260 for a Kioti CK3510 this week. I talked to woodmax a couple days ago and planned on ordering a 72in snowblower and found out they offer a 5% Veterans Day discount. Now I'm waiting till Veterans Day and will help pay for the hydraulic rotate. 😁

/ anyone using a WoodMaxx blower?? #190  
I'm thinking about an SB60 for my Yanmar EX3200. My tractor is rated at 25 HP PTO, so it's right in the middle of the recommended range for this blower. My tractor wheelbase is about 1-2 inches wider than the blower, but I don't think I can run an SB72 on this tractor. I would probably set up the tractor for winter with my 72" snow blade on front, which weighs about 420#.

I have about 1000' of driveway that I clear, most of which is gravel. There is about 70 feet of 2-car wide concrete driveway leading up to the house, and another concrete pad in front of my shop. The terrain isn't completely flat, but I only have one short hill that is at all steep - easy to handle by clearing it in two passes downhill.

Thoughts about this setup?

I do have a WoodMaxx chipper, so I know what to expect in terms of the quality of their products and customer support - both generally excellent.

Dave