Apollo 354 Clutch Modification Question

/ Apollo 354 Clutch Modification Question #1  

PhilTheFarmer

Tractor
Apollo 354
Hi Everyone,

I have an Apollo 354 tractor. It does everything I need around the farm - but the clutch is getting to be hard work to operate. Bucket work is becoming a bit of a chore due to this.

The clutch mechanism etc is just the same as it has always been and works fine - it's me that's the problem. I've got an ongoing issue with my left leg that means that the clutch is becoming hard work to use. I know that I could trade the 354 in for a hydraulic drive of some sort, but I'd rather look into potential modifications before making any big decisions.

Does anyone know of such a kit or overall approach to add a power assistance facility to an otherwise manual clutch pedal arrangement? Maybe, use a brake servo? I'm not sure if the 354 has a vacuum system that I could tap into to power a brake servo but it's worth thinking about.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Phil

/ Apollo 354 Clutch Modification Question #2  
Maybe you can fit a hydraulic clutch slave cylinder from a car on your tractor.
1633616800765.png

/ Apollo 354 Clutch Modification Question #3  
At what point in clutch pedal travel is your clutch fully disengaged - no drag? If the clutch is being operated further than necessary you could modify the linkage - even possibly just readjust links/pivot rotational conditions etc optimally to ease force a bit. Lube of course, but Im sure youve done that.
Pretty sure youve also tried pushing down on your leg with your hand. Hand busy with other controls.

There might be off the shelf options that would adapt?

One M Engineering - Power Assisted Pedal

/ Apollo 354 Clutch Modification Question
Maybe you can fit a hydraulic clutch slave cylinder from a car on your tractor.
View attachment 715986
Thanks for the idea. I'll look into that.

When you start digging around a bit and think outside the box, there's a few options coming out of the woodwork.....

Cheers,

Phi

/ Apollo 354 Clutch Modification Question
At what point in clutch pedal travel is your clutch fully disengaged - no drag? If the clutch is being operated further than necessary you could modify the linkage - even possibly just readjust links/pivot rotational conditions etc optimally to ease force a bit. Lube of course, but Im sure youve done that.
Pretty sure youve also tried pushing down on your leg with your hand. Hand busy with other controls.

There might be off the shelf options that would adapt?

One M Engineering - Power Assisted Pedal
Nice.

I'd not thought of that particular angle - adding some stuff designed for people with a disability.

I've done the pushing with my hand approach, but doing bucket work means that both hands are already occupied with controls as you rightly say.

Looks like it's time to get under the tractor and stat measuring for space limitations and depth of pedal movement etc so that a possible remedy can be homed in on.

Thanks to everyone with the excellent ideas!

Phil