At the straw ..!

/ At the straw ..!
That bale hauling trailer is very cool!!!! I've never saw anything like that. Do you run the picker arm from the tractor?? :cool:

Thanks for the pictures. I really enjoy seeing how different areas handle their crops.

The picker is not mine so i've never used it but yes all done from the cab , Does'nt seem that fast to me as i move as many just as fast with a loader and semi trailer ...makes unloading quick though as it stacks them 6 high automatically !

/ At the straw ..! #12  
With our short season often you cannot wait for crops to dry down naturally and even when grain is dry straw is often still not fit , Varying soil types and weather often mean fields do not ripen evenly all over . Some crops like canola and oats will shed seed when left to ripen naturally ( beaten out by wind/rain etc) getting it on the ground gives you time when you have big acres to cover . Straw is often worthless here so effective chopping is vital for incorporation and "Curing" of straw from laying in the swath makes combines more productive not having to process heavy unfit straw and makes straw chop far more effectiveley. Plenty do straight cut but still dessicate the crop with roundup to get even ripeness anyway and still have a 2 week wait. Swathers still generally in the 22ft-30ft area as any thing bigger is a nightmare to dry if submitted to wet weather whilst lay down .
This year straw is 3-4 bales/acre !

Thank you very much for explanation. I totally understand. Again, isn't it interesting to see the different problems and hurdles farmers from different areas have to contend with!!! :)