ATV advice

/ ATV advice
The market for ATVs and UTVs currently appears to be a more significant factor than I had anticipated! It looks like I'll not be getting a 520 UTV or 420 Rancher anytime soon. I've taken to Craigslist and Facebook marketplace to explore the possibilities of used machines and am using this thread to inform my search. All the advice is much appreciated.

Those 6x6s sound amazing, but a little rich for me at the moment.

/ ATV advice #42  
The market for ATVs and UTVs currently appears to be a more significant factor than I had anticipated! It looks like I'll not be getting a 520 UTV or 420 Rancher anytime soon. I've taken to Craigslist and Facebook marketplace to explore the possibilities of used machines and am using this thread to inform my search. All the advice is much appreciated.

Those 6x6s sound amazing, but a little rich for me at the moment.

Good luck. I found a 2010 Honda rancher on Facebook marketplace. It took me 3 months and at least 5 false alarms before I found what I wanted.

It’s an amazing economy.

MoKelly

/ ATV advice #43  
The market for ATVs and UTVs currently appears to be a more significant factor than I had anticipated! It looks like I'll not be getting a 520 UTV or 420 Rancher anytime soon. I've taken to Craigslist and Facebook marketplace to explore the possibilities of used machines and am using this thread to inform my search. All the advice is much appreciated...
Very True! I've been watching for a used Grizzly for my aging body and they just aren't any out there for last 12-18 months.
Though the Raptor is/was my dream ATV, The Grizzly just rides so much smoother and the 4x4 is much easier on me than trying to lift a 2WD sport bike out of the mud or having to get pulled out.

/ ATV advice #44  
I tried to stop by our can-am dealership yesterday to see what they had for innovatory, but they weren't even open!! I had forgot they are closed on Mondays. :( Last time I was there this past summer, they had sold much of their innovatory, including the Outlander 6x6's with a 1000 engine which is what I'm interested in. Oh well.

/ ATV advice #45  
I tried to stop by our can-am dealership yesterday to see what they had for innovatory, but they weren't even open!! I had forgot they are closed on Mondays. :( Last time I was there this past summer, they had sold much of their innovatory, including the Outlander 6x6's with a 1000 engine which is what I'm interested in. Oh well.

Closed on Monday. Interesting.

Around here all the vehicle dealers (including cars) are closed on Sundays.

MoKelly

/ ATV advice #47  
Seems to be pretty much standard around here - motorcycle/ATV/UTV dealers open Tuesday through Saturday, closed Sunday and Monday.

/ ATV advice #48  
I have had two Honda ATV, the Foreman ES and currently the Honda Rincon. The Rincon is 118 years old and so far only rebuilt carb, replaced tires once and batter 4 times. It so reliable in fact I just spent 900 bucks on new Bighorn Maxxis tires.

In your case for pulling and low center of gravity I highly recommend the infamous Honda Rincon with ES transmission-no belt and no torque converter. The best ATV transmission in the world.

Now they have DTC and EPS style transmissions...I thing the DTC comes with a low gear option.

Even the smaller Rancher now has DTC transmissions...and comes liquid cooled.

/ ATV advice #49  
I bought a Honda rancher new in 2007. Used ones were bringing so much it only made sense to go new. It was not a 4x4. It went everywhere I wanted to go. I did put a small winch on the front, just in case. The 2 wheel drive was much more nimble than the 4x4. I loved it, but it had limits for cargo and passengers. I sold that after a couple of years and bought a slightly used Yamaha rhino. The rhino is so much more useful! Plus there was room for a passenger and cargo. It’s my favorite vehicle for spot spraying fire ants or weed killer. Just throw a sprayer tank in the back and spray left handed while driving right handed. The rhino is not as fast or fancy as some, but it’s never let me down and is almost unstickable. The dump bed is a huge plus!

/ ATV advice #50  
You couldn't pull our 6x6 from our cold stiff fingers. ;) And it has a CVT tranny. Its box even dumps :LOL:
boss in snow083.jpg