ATV advice

/ ATV advice #52  
I think you had a tracked and cabbed Can Am before. Probably only miss the cab?
The Defender and a Rhino were work machines which I did not personally own, but I did put 1000's of hours in each. For us, we wanted something with carrying and towing capacity, and was more trailer friendly. So they had different uses really. Today we are looking at replacing our 6x6 Boss with a more powerful can-am product, a 1000cc, Outlander 6x6. Not a side by side. Go figure, we do love the boss with its box and super low psi ground pressure.

Last edited:
   / ATV advice #53  
I have a Polaris 500 ATP( all terrain pickup ). It's a 2002 and is getting long in the tooth.

So yesterday I bought a 2021 Can-Am Outlander 650. Seems like a very fine machine. Its color is what I call - "Grunt Green". Should blend in pretty well when things green up around here.

It will be used exclusively on and around the property.

I was thinking I might have wanted one of their 850 models. But after driving the new 650 - its got more than sufficient power.

Brownie seems to like the new ATV also.

IMG_0182.jpeg

IMG_0181.jpeg

/ ATV advice #54  
Brownie seems to like to pee on it anyway. :LOL: Rolf, please write a review of it, after you get some hours on it but start a new thread like "2021 Can-Am Outlander 650 review"

/ ATV advice #55  
Yes - this WAS NOT planned. I took several pictures and he just wandered in for his own cameo shot.

Arlyn - see all my dead/dry grass. This is the way it is here for hundreds of miles in all directions. No questions why we have problems when there is a dry thunder storm with lightning.

/ ATV advice #57  
No problem - Arlyn. The air is not really fresh and not really smoky. Look at the lower photo - where Brownie is christening the new ATV. See out beyond the house. It's kind of a blue/grey translucent color. No smoky smell and it doesn't burn your eyes.

The weather forecasters call it - haze. Whatever - it's caused by wildfires.

I could stand this "haze" - - if we could just get some RAIN.

/ ATV advice #60  
I wish my Kubota RTV900 had a shorter turning radius, how do the 6x6 units do in tight spaces.
Even my Polaris 4x2 doesn’t do well at times.