ATV sprayer

/ ATV sprayer #1  

chander

Silver Member
Tractor
Ford 1710, 1910, 2120
Looking for recomedations for a atv sprayer. My uses will be for insecticides and weed control around fence line. I only have a few acres and some of the property has many trees, so no boom sprayer would be usable. Also I would not be using it for any tree spraying.
I like North Star products, what do you use?

/ ATV sprayer #2  
just bought this for the same, insecticide and herbicide: Chapin 97561 25-Gallon Mixes On Exit 12v, 2.2 GPM ATV Spot Sprayer

They make both a 15gal and a 25gal version

I was looking for something that I could just load with water and not mix inside the tank, while I have not used it much yet, it appears to fit the bill nicely. I got mine at Tractor Supply, Amazon also carries them, and you can get additional 1 or 2 gallon chemical reservoirs and just swap and store them... nice.

/ ATV sprayer #3  
I got a Northstar 10 gallon low pressure quite a few years ago (model no longer shown up on NT site) .... First thing I did was remove 10 foot hose and put on a 50 foot hose.... Saves having to move support vehicle (ATV or tractor with rack for sprayer) so much.. Been good for years, but last year pump failed and had to be replaces, but then again to be expected for price I paid...

And get extra spray wand, because you will break the one on sprayer just when you need it most.... Don't ask how I know....

Dale

/ ATV sprayer #4  
I use North Star 8 gallon. I like it. My recommendation is to take sprayer inside for winter. I’m pretty sure the pump had water and froze my 2nd year. That was in the barn.

I replaced pump and it’s been working well for 4 years now. I use it a lot in Spring/early summer then in Fall.

I put it in the basement for winter.

Good luck.

MoKelly

/ ATV sprayer #5  
I use North Star 8 gallon. I like it. My recommendation is to take sprayer inside for winter. I’m pretty sure the pump had water and froze my 2nd year. That was in the barn.

I replaced pump and it’s been working well for 4 years now. I use it a lot in Spring/early summer then in Fall.

I put it in the basement for winter.

Good luck.

MoKelly
Yes those diaphragm pumps are prone to freeze damage. I take the pumps off and keep them in the house over winter.

/ ATV sprayer #6  
just bought this for the same, insecticide and herbicide: Chapin 97561 25-Gallon Mixes On Exit 12v, 2.2 GPM ATV Spot Sprayer

They make both a 15gal and a 25gal version

I was looking for something that I could just load with water and not mix inside the tank, while I have not used it much yet, it appears to fit the bill nicely. I got mine at Tractor Supply, Amazon also carries them, and you can get additional 1 or 2 gallon chemical reservoirs and just swap and store them... nice.
same here. i like it that i can just dump the excess water and put the separate concentrate container on the shelf for next time.

/ ATV sprayer
How accurate do you think the mix on exit sprayer are ? My only concern is one of my areas that gets sprayed holds livestock and the insecticide manufacturer recommends a maximum percentage for this. I wonder how you can verify the exact amount injected ?

/ ATV sprayer #8  
How accurate do you think the mix on exit sprayer are ? My only concern is one of my areas that gets sprayed holds livestock and the insecticide manufacturer recommends a maximum percentage for this. I wonder how you can verify the exact amount injected ?
I'm sure nowhere near as accurate as measuring manually, that's a good question to call and verify with the manufacturer.