Automating the Quick Attach (SSQA)

/ Automating the Quick Attach (SSQA) #21  
I'd also like auto-attach hydraulic front remotes like on some excavators!
Bobcat has it: https://www.bobcat.com/na/en/equipment/loaders/m2-series/bobdock

Screenshot 2023-01-15 11.50.37.png
Screenshot 2023-01-15 11.51.05.png
Screenshot 2023-01-15 12.00.33.png

Screenshot 2023-01-16 09.33.03.png

And a short video:

Last edited:
   / Automating the Quick Attach (SSQA) #22  
Mine uses two ball valves. yes my cylinder is very small I think rod is 5/8's I believe.

I piggy backed onto Fallon's thread here, Pics are on page 4

that is an interesting setup by bobcat. one more thing to line up but anything that keeps you in the cab is a good thing.

/ Automating the Quick Attach (SSQA) #23  
Nice implementation ! I would add an expanding sleeve over the actuator. I did a dump garden trailer and my actuators filled with water or enough to stop their function and I had to disassemble and dry them. Something like a soft radiator hose clamped at both ends .

/ Automating the Quick Attach (SSQA) #24  
Mine has a slotted PVC pipe clamped onto the cylinder to protect the rod from any debris that might fall on it. Not very solid but it hasn't broken yet. open on the bottom so any water that finds it's way in does not collect.

/ Automating the Quick Attach (SSQA) #25  
If it's on your L4060 then you'll be fine, it should be at the same relief pressure as my L3240. Unless you're changing the geometry from how mine is connected it'll stall a 1" bore cylinder before damage.

Sent from my SM-G715U1 using TractorByNet mobile app
Ya, pretty much all tractors top out a 2,500pst give or take 100 or so. Skids are around 3,000. Excavators can hit 5,000 or more.

My cylinder is on a shelf in tbe barn next to all the other valves & supplies, where it's been for 2-3 years or more. Never seems to work back up to the top of my priority list.

/ Automating the Quick Attach (SSQA) #26  
Good project if you are switching loader arm attachments often enough. The tinker-er in me thought about doing that, or rather, how I would do it, but since I swap stuff on the front maybe once every couple years, I got real and forgot about it. In fact, since we never have snows anymore, the bucket pretty much lives there.

/ Automating the Quick Attach (SSQA) #27  
I really don't think the relief valve is required. take a look at the connection between the handle and the pin. they are two tubes that slide together with a spring wrapped around them (spring loaded) if you drop the pins and they don't line up with the slot the spring will compress and the tubes will slide together and take up the slack. no damage to anything. I've done it a few times.

I am always switching between the forks, grapple and bucket. and when the snow blower is on I have to take the bucket off to fit the tractor into the garage so Mine comes in very handy.

/ Automating the Quick Attach (SSQA) #28  
Just finished one for my MX5100. 1”x8” cylinder from surplus center.$120 tax and shipping.$80 for welder to lengthen it. $55 for fittings and two three ft.1/4 inch hydraulic hoses. Two bolts 12 mm x1.25 thread x 55 mm length.Added one extra washer under the ends. Already had hydraulic hose to the front for a snow plow. Simple to do. Constantly switching between bucket and forks doing firewood.I split my firewood into metal parts baskets.
F9E4B725-25B2-4D32-A82C-D144EE0F4466.jpeg

/ Automating the Quick Attach (SSQA) #29  
Just finished one for my MX5100. 1”x8” cylinder from surplus center.$120 tax and shipping.$80 for welder to lengthen it. $55 for fittings and two three ft.1/4 inch hydraulic hoses. Two bolts 12 mm x1.25 thread x 55 mm length.Added one extra washer under the ends. Already had hydraulic hose to the front for a snow plow. Simple to do. Constantly switching between bucket and forks doing firewood.I split my firewood into metal parts baskets.View attachment 783331
Looks good.
I may look into doing the same with mine someday (I already have the lines to the front for my snowplow)

/ Automating the Quick Attach (SSQA) #30  
interesting that your welder chose to lengthen the cylinder end. I lengthened the rod end to keep the hoses shorter and tucked into the left side.

we must have the same cylinder. My bolts came loose after a few months. got lucky and spotted them before they fell out so definitely worth checking.

I really love that setup. totally plug and play and no mods to the levers so you can revert back to stock when you sell and the 8" stroke is just right.