AW 32 or 303 Hydraulic Fluid

/ AW 32 or 303 Hydraulic Fluid #1  

johnk

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota GST Grand L3130 w/ 723 loader, Ags
Which is the preferable Hydraulic Fluid for a Jinma 224? I am going to change out the fluids next week and would like some thoughts. Also I'll be changing the transmission oil. Input appreciated..

/ AW 32 or 303 Hydraulic Fluid #2  
For year round use in your neck of the woods, I'd recommend AW32. It's a designated hydraulic spec, with a SAE equivalent just above 10W. JD303 is thicker - about 15W30 - and used mostly as a UTF.

//greg//

/ AW 32 or 303 Hydraulic Fluid #3  
<font color="blue">Which is the preferable Hydraulic Fluid for a Jinma 224? I am going to change out the fluids next week and would like some thoughts. </font>

Hey John,

I'm sure that you will have different opinions on this Subject, but I will tell you what I am doing so far. Keep in mind that I am down on the Gulf Coast and that it is much warmer down here than up in the Cold Country. This year, about the coldest that it got was about +20F, and not even sure if it got that cold, and that was only for a few nights.

I get all of my fluids at WalMart. I use Shell 15w/40 Rotella T for the Engine, and Shell 30w Non Detergent for the Fuel Pump, SuperTech Hydralic/Transmission Fluid for the Hydralics/Power Steering, 85w/140 for the Transmission and the Front Drive, but I may drop down to the 80w/90 for the Transmission and Front Drive, if I start getting a lot of foaming. I read on the Super Tech container and it said on both the 80w90 and 85w140, that it fights foaming, and resists corosion on Copper and Bronze, so I am thinking that it is compatible with the metals inside the Transaxle, Transmission and the Front Drive. I am giving the 85w140 a try, because it is thicker and may help to prevent leaks in the future.

Whichever oil that you choose to use, Be sure that oil is flowing into the Creeper Gear Housing.

Have a nice day,
Joe /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ AW 32 or 303 Hydraulic Fluid
I didn't know the viscosity difference between the two. How about the tranny fluid? About how much does each hold? Can't find my manuals...Thanks. It might get up to 40 here next week. Whoopie....Heres a pic from the end of my driveway today at my cabin..

Attachments

• 608380-100_0748.jpg
    608380-100_0748.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 741
Another....

Attachments

• 608383-100_0749.jpg
    608383-100_0749.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 644
   / AW 32 or 303 Hydraulic Fluid #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( About how much does each hold? )</font>

Tranny (to include rear diff and creeper) holds 14 liters, front diff holds 4.5, Hydraulic reservior holds 9

//greg//

I'll get the 5 gallon bucket of aw32 for hydraulics and another 5 gallon pail for tranny. That way I'll have some to spare.............

I never checked if its' flowing into the creeper gear box but I imagine it has been because it's quiet and I have over 200 hrs on mine. If it had no oil I'm sure it would be dead by now.... I read the posts over the months about no lubrication in the creeper box. I didn't have any problems there so I'm not going to pull the cover off to look for some.. Thanks for the input though..

Heres a bunch of tractor pics of stuff I did if interested..

http://users.adelphia.net/~gizmo/tracpics.html

/ AW 32 or 303 Hydraulic Fluid #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I'd recommend AW32. It's a designated hydraulic spec, with a SAE equivalent just above 10W. JD303 is thicker - about 15W30 - and used mostly as a UTF )</font>

I was under the impression that UTF was more of a 20w (ish) based oil. With nh 134d and jd 303 being equivalents.. etc.

Still even at 20w.. that's still a stretch from 10w.. however lots of hyd pumps that call for 'hyd oil' run 134d/utf fine. We use add on vane style hyd pumps on fords to go to live hyds, and part of the conversion is loosing the oem 90wt mineral hyd/gear oil in the tranny/diffy/hyd sump, and going tot he 134d oil so that the pump doesn't cavitate..

Soundguy

/ AW 32 or 303 Hydraulic Fluid #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I'll get the 5 gallon bucket of aw32 for hydraulics and another 5 gallon pail for tranny. That way I'll have some to spare............. )</font>

"...and another 5 gallon bucket" of what, John?
I hope you didn't interpret my response as suggesting that AW32 was suitable for a transmission !!

//greg//