AZ ranch

/ AZ ranch #1,401  
Smart. I never thought of doing that.

I think that we have the same exact mixer.

/ AZ ranch
#1,402  
71493624461__4939F546-4E76-4187-BE1C-6FF3A5F4723E.jpeg

/ AZ ranch #1,406  
I finished the sill plate. I was going to go get lumber for the roof today, but we got some heavy rain last night and the roads are too muddy. I’ll have to wait a couple days.
Good Morning and the building looks like it will stay in place,
also this morning the computer news said the '67 winter record snow was the most ever received. Living in Seligman at that time wife drove the 12 miles to town to pick up the children in dry conditions and on the way returning snow was blowing so fast and hard that only the side markers on the highway were visible. getting home parked the car next to the house lot and it continued to snow and blow. I was called to Kingmsn to help get an employee off Mt.Hualipi 8400 ft. high The rental Dozer a D 9 could only get about 20 feet before having to push snow to side then next 20 again push to side. Also, owner said the dozer had to get off Mountain before evening to prevent getting stuck and unable to be used. Power co. State Police and our tower on top running on generators
almost caused a roadblock trying to get to their sites to refuel the generators. finally, the dozer was loaded with barrows of fuel tied wherever there was room. Used to have pictures of power company trucks driving in snow deeper than the hood. Our man in radio contact said would attempt to walk out had snow skies,I had gotten to within 1 mile of where he was. at noon parked and waited for him to get down. after dark turned on spot light to allow him location to walk toward, finally saw him coming down and asked why the long wait and he said kept falling into tree tops and having to climb out to reattach the snow shoes. all this took 3 days.
Return to the Motel we were paying for and not using. after shower laid down for some sleep and the phone rang. was needed to return to the M/W site east of Seligman for an error problem. The power line was down and power co. from Prescott arrived and hand-carried new poles up the line on the side of Mountain. Think have mentioned to you before my short life around Seligman.

could not understand why anyone was living there. Even the cattle in fields were frozen Highway dept had rebuilt the highway to I 40 and blocked the cross under the tunnel for the cattle.
I get a chill telling this after so many years.
The man who had to walk out immediately told the company that he was moving to Phoenix or quitting.
He Retired in Phoenix.
Mr. Fuller have a good day.
ken

/ AZ ranch
#1,407  
Good to hear from you Ken.
Glad we don't get snow like that now.

/ AZ ranch #1,408  
Good to hear from you Ken.
Glad we don't get snow like that now.
Last winter Flagstaff had 5 feet of snow, not sure how much that the Ash Fork/Seligman area got. I lived in Flagstaff during the 1980s/early 90s, and it wasn’t uncommon to get 2-3 foot snow. Of course your area is a couple thousand feet lower in elevation, so it seldom received as much snow. But I have seen times when the frontal patterns did dump almost as much snow in your area as Flagstaff.

/ AZ ranch #1,409  
I got 26 bags mixed before the rains came. My homemade box works really well.

Nice setup.
I have slushed,as we called it, many a basement. We used a pump truck. He would follow your progress with the boom while you walked the top of the wall. Trick was to learn the sound change as that section filled. If you moved your hose a bit slow you got splattered bad.

/ AZ ranch #1,410  
Last winter Flagstaff had 5 feet of snow, not sure how much that the Ash Fork/Seligman area got. I lived in Flagstaff during the 1980s/early 90s, and it wasn’t uncommon to get 2-3 foot snow. Of course your area is a couple thousand feet lower in elevation, so it seldom received as much snow. But I have seen times when the frontal patterns did dump almost as much snow in your area as Flagstaff.
Used to go up Humphries Mt. tp M/W site and the company had a predecessor to the SKI-Do. Only this one would quit about 1/2 way to the Site and then have to walk to check the equipment. leave it until springtime to take it back to the shop.
Question= is the Mormon Lake restaurant still open Used to be the place to eat years ago.