B-Bx

/ B-Bx #1  

Lilguy

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota
Have a B2601 TLBM that is more than I need at my new home. Bought it when I had 16 acres to replace a L2250. Was offered a premium to sell acreage a year later and moved the B to 1 acre.
My dealer closed this summer and have been calling others but not alot
subs in stock close. Found a BX2380 with a 60 in deck. Adding a front loader would put it at 17,300.00 + tax.
Have had Kubotas since mid 80s but thinking they may be to much for my needs now.
Prefer diesel, not sure about above price. All input appreciated.

/ B-Bx #2  
How much tractor you need or want will be determined by what you plan to do the the acre you have. Is it all in grass and you just mow it? Have you planned a huge garden? Is there a lot of dirt work and digging in your future? Kubota sells a diesel mower in the $8000 range if all you want is a diesel mower.

/ B-Bx #3  
I have only 1.5 acres and a BX23 and 2660. I have the 60" deck, Box Bl, Tiller, FEL and ratchet rake for the 2660. I think you would be happy with a BX on your place. I can't do the ground work any more and couldn't keep the place without the tractor. Price? Can't say as I've not been in the market for some time.

/ B-Bx #4  
I have a BX2670 for over 1-3/4 acres. I primarily mow, but use the loader almost every weekend. I have a rear blade, rear bagger, pallet forks, and front blade, as well. This is my second BX, and I’ve had three B’s as well. The BX really is perfect for my acreage, and even if I was wooded, how much work can you do on under two acres?
Frankly, I use my loader whenever I can to lift or move things. I’d not have a tractor without a loader. If I had no need, I’d be running a zero turn, but I live in the Midwest and require a piece of equipment that can remove snow... sometimes heavy snow. A garden tractor here is useless.
List your needs. Pros and cons. If you want to save a bit, but want versatility, consider the BX1880. You could add a loader later, but you will pay more.

/ B-Bx
Thanks all. as stated early have an acre now with a third covered by house. 2 Dealers have BX2380s but but no 1880s assembled. I’m thinking the 54” deck would fit better and would get a bucket to move snow and lift things. In process.

/ B-Bx #6  
I was going to get the 54" deck too, but a number of folks here said I would be happier with the 60" and when working along a ditch I could get closer without having the tractor on the edge as much. Net/ net I have found the extra reach of the 60" to be a benefit. I have a couple tight spots to get through and solved that by mounting ring threaded through the plastic skirt. I can then lift that lid and get through the tight spots and drop it. The other day I was prepping to drop the mower deck as the lawn has finally died. We don't water the grass. The well is good, but no sense pushing it. anyway I had installed the FEL to raise the front to make deck removal easier. My wife came out and asked me to mow a section of wild flowers that are done for the year. With just the mower deck I can go cross slope comfortably. With the FEL and deck and nothing on the back, I lifted the back wheel on a turn. Heart in the throat moment. I should have taken the couple minutes to drop the FEL for even a short job on the back slope. The BB mounted too would only have further raised the center of gravity. I got it done and dropped the deck in a few minutes. I think you will want a box blade or something on the back of the tractor to counter the weight of the FEL and load, especially if you mount forks on it. The weight on the back just makes for a more stable ride.

/ B-Bx
When I had acres I mowed with a B8200HST for over 30 years, did all heavy work with L2250 and numerous attachment. Both tractors practically bullet proof for over 3 decades. This will be my last tractor so want to do it right. Right now its mowed by landscaper with a 60 inch zero turn. They go everywhere but I want the versatility of a tractor. One dealer has an 1880 in crate, working on him to set up so I can compare it to the two larger BXs. Thank you all for input so far.

/ B-Bx
Been offered 16 thousand trade value on 2601 TLBM.

BX 1880 $16,020.03. With frt loader+ BB
54 in mmm

BX 2380 $18,561.10 with frt loader+ BB
60 in mmm

both include sales tax and $1416 shipping and set up fees.

When you trade in a car you don not pay sales tax on that value in Illinois. Should it apply to tractors? Thanks

/ B-Bx #9  
I have a gently used B1750 (20HP) with a FEL and 54" MMM for sale in the Tractors for Sale forum. Located in central Kansas.

/ B-Bx
I cant get any interest in selling my rig for the trade value offered. A new one with full warranty, Zero interest and more 25,000.00+/-.