@#$%&* B&S. Hard Starting....

/ @#$%&* B&S. Hard Starting.... #71  
Well look at that! :)

/ @#$%&* B&S. Hard Starting.... #72  
Have you tried adjusting the valves? I always find engines start easier after you adjust the valves

/ @#$%&* B&S. Hard Starting.... #73  
One thing I've done to help the fuel supply, seems to make a difference. When you replace that fuel filter get it oriented as vertical as possible so the filter will fill completely and any air will get drawn out the top.

/ @#$%&* B&S. Hard Starting....
Does anybody know if you can remove this style fuel pickup and replace it with grommet/bushing (M132706) and later fuel pickup (GY21104)...

Screenshot 2023-02-09 092924.jpg

/ @#$%&* B&S. Hard Starting.... #75  
   / @#$%&* B&S. Hard Starting.... #76  
Sure. All you would have to do is get a pickup and grommet for a newer version. I'd probably plug the old one and bore a hole in a convenient location. You don't really want to have the tip super close to the bottom as to not pickup debris. That's Deere's fix for those customers that keep picking up debris BTW. On the newer tanks, you can't really clean them well due to the anti- fire whatchamacallit tube below the cap.

/ @#$%&* B&S. Hard Starting.... #77  
Sure. All you would have to do is get a pickup and grommet for a newer version. I'd probably plug the old one and bore a hole in a convenient location. You don't really want to have the tip super close to the bottom as to not pickup debris. That's Deere's fix for those customers that keep picking up debris BTW. On the newer tanks, you can't really clean them well due to the anti- fire whatchamacallit tube below the cap.
The main reason for the fill cap tube is to eliminate contaminating the charcoal canister with raw gas. If you fill the tank to the brim like some people do it will suck raw fuel into the vapor recovery system and permanently brick the charcoal vapor canister, and then then tank won't vent, since the cap/threads are not vented on anything after 2012.

/ @#$%&* B&S. Hard Starting.... #78  
The main reason for the fill cap tube is to eliminate contaminating the charcoal canister with raw gas. If you fill the tank to the brim like some people do it will suck raw fuel into the vapor recovery system and permanently brick the charcoal vapor canister, and then then tank won't vent, since the cap/threads are not vented on anything after 2012.
Makes more sense. Thanks.

/ @#$%&* B&S. Hard Starting....
Just may have found the problem.....Removed and replaced fuel line between tank and fuel filter.... Put a little air pressure to it once I had it out and yes it leaks...

leak-5.jpg

/ @#$%&* B&S. Hard Starting.... #80  
Good job!