B2650 under powered when loaded?

/ B2650 under powered when loaded? #1  

Box Head

Tractor
Kubota
By loaded i mean filled tires a snow blower on the back and a plow on the front. With the extra weight it seems to struggle going up a slight hill when in M gear with the implements up.

/ B2650 under powered when loaded? #2  
By loaded i mean filled tires a snow blower on the back and a plow on the front. With the extra weight it seems to struggle going up a slight hill when in M gear with the implements up.
Yes. This is probably the most frequent complaint regarding the 2650.

There was an extensive thread about this topic herein about two years ago.

Owner had 2650 with loaded (rear) optional oversized tires, FEL, and Land Pride three point mounted finish mower. Complained that he needed to go to low range simply to drive up some hills in his yard in FEB, when there was no grass to mow.

Owner was simply expecting too much.

SDT

Last edited:
   / B2650 under powered when loaded?
To the best of me the implements i have are sized for this tractor, i wonder if i went up to the B3350 if the issue would be better? or maybe to a L tractor i could use more weight epically in the front.

/ B2650 under powered when loaded? #4  
To the best of me the implements i have are sized for this tractor, i wonder if i went up to the B3350 if the issue would be better? or maybe to a L tractor i could use more weight epically in the front.
Of course.

The B3350/LX3310 is much more powerful than is the B2650.

SDT

/ B2650 under powered when loaded? #5  
Yep, that step up from the 2650 to the 33series is big…especially for the emission processes and the extra tactics you have to go through.

/ B2650 under powered when loaded? #6  
I felt it was best not to fill the tires on my 25 hp B and L, instead used a ballast box. Figure a 3,500 lb L2501 tractor and loader pulling and running a 600# cutter, up a grade. Filled tires would not necessarily be advantageous in this situation but would add another almost 800# making the total weight #4,900. That's a lot for 25 HP to move plus it has to power the cutter, or blower in your case.

/ B2650 under powered when loaded? #7  
I felt it was best not to fill the tires on my 25 hp B and L, instead used a ballast box. Figure a 3,500 lb L2501 tractor and loader pulling and running a 600# cutter, up a grade. Filled tires would not necessarily be advantageous in this situation but would add another almost 800# making the total weight #4,900. That's a lot for 25 HP to move plus it has to power the cutter, or blower in your case.
Bingo.

I do not use liquid ballast for multiple reasons, preferring cast iron and ballast boxes.

SDT

/ B2650 under powered when loaded? #8  
What are running for Rpm's?

/ B2650 under powered when loaded?
The dealer added the filled tires i didn't even ask so that is a extra 800 pounds? I worry that a B3350 might have the same issue.

The tractor is used to mow the 3 acher yard mostly with a belly mower but when it comes time to bush hog clear the snow it feels under powered sometimes even when mowing.

i was looking at a L4701 but i think i would miss the belly mower but then again i mostly mow in a stright line and use a little lawn mower to mow around a few trees takes all of 5 min.