B2650 under powered when loaded?

/ B2650 under powered when loaded? #11  
The dealer added the filled tires i didn't even ask so that is a extra 800 pounds? I worry that a B3350 might have the same issue.

The tractor is used to mow the 3 acher yard mostly with a belly mower but when it comes time to bush hog clear the snow it feels under powered sometimes even when mowing.

i was looking at a L4701 but i think i would miss the belly mower but then again i mostly mow in a stright line and use a little lawn mower to mow around a few trees takes all of 5 min.
Rim Guard in a 2650/3350 is nowhere near 800 Lbs.

The 3350/3310 is much more powerful than is the 2650/2610.

SDT

/ B2650 under powered when loaded?
Rim Guard in a 2650/3350 is nowhere near 800 Lbs.

The 3350/3310 is much more powerful than is the 2650/2610.

SDT

Ok how much does it weigh?

/ B2650 under powered when loaded? #13  
Well, I guess someone has to ask. Boxhead, when you go up a hill and the engine starts to bog down, what do you do with the foot pedal? If you are flooring it, that's the wrong thing to do with it because the pedal is not likethe accelerator pedal in your car. Intead, it is a hydraulic speed control that works like a continuously variable transmission. It doesn't change engine rpm, it acts like going to a taller or lower gear. So when the engine starts working hard, you want to back off the go pedal, not floor it. That is equivalent to downshifting a manual gearbox.

Of course that's just the opposite of what we do with a car or truck, so HST tractors can appear to be underpowered to those who haven't learned this oddity regarding how they work.
All HST transmissions function this way, in addition to the HI-MED-LOW range selector.

If you haven't realized this before, go out and experiment with the foot pedal for a while before making any expensive decisions. You might find it has more capability than you realized.

/ B2650 under powered when loaded?
Well, I guess someone has to ask. Boxhead, when you go up a hill and the engine starts to bog down, what do you do with the foot pedal? If you are flooring it, that's the wrong thing to do with it because the pedal is not likethe accelerator pedal in your car. Intead, it is a hydraulic speed control that works like a continuously variable transmission. It doesn't change engine rpm, it acts like going to a taller or lower gear. So when the engine starts working hard, you want to back off the go pedal, not floor it. That is equivalent to downshifting a manual gearbox.

Of course that's just the opposite of what we do with a car or truck, so HST tractors can appear to be underpowered to those who haven't learned this oddity regarding how they work.
All HST transmissions function this way, in addition to the HI-MED-LOW range selector.

If you haven't realized this before, go out and experiment with the foot pedal for a while before making any expensive decisions. You might find it has more capability than you realized.

That is common sense at least to me it is. I'm not talking about much of a hill more like a slight incline.

/ B2650 under powered when loaded? #15  
So, have you been flooring it or backing off ?

/ B2650 under powered when loaded? #16  
Why do you have loaded rear tires in the first place? Do you do alot of loader work? Does the machine even have a loader? To be honest though I dont see loaded tires taking much power away. Its liquid that's always at the bottom of the tire.

My b8200 never had loaded tires for 30yrs until I got it. The machine was totally useless for loader work until I loaded the tires. I saw no real difference in the power on this 19hp machine.

/ B2650 under powered when loaded? #17  
Mine are loaded. If I sense I am bogging down with the heavy weight up front (60” snowblower or FEL), I switch to low range. I normally do FEL work in low gear anyway.

/ B2650 under powered when loaded? #20  
I've loaded the heck out of my B2601 and never noticing lack of power uphill or otherwise. Loaded tires, box blade as ballast and bucket full of gravel or heavy load on forks no issues. I generally run in M and about 2200 RPM. I don't know how much extra weight is in your cab but that's the only difference I know of between the 2601 and the 2650.