B2650 Winter starting aid?

/ B2650 Winter starting aid? #1  

PHPaul

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B2650 with cab, Pasquali 986
I've got an email in to the dealer so I'll find out eventually, but thought someone here might have one and could tell me:

What does the Kubota B2650 have for a winter starting aid?

Glow plugs or something similar?

Factory block heater?

If not, has anybody installed a block heater on a 2650?

/ B2650 Winter starting aid? #2  
Glow plugs, and hey should be adequate for most cold starts based on my experience with other models. But for your location, a block heater would be a good -- and simple -- addition.

/ B2650 Winter starting aid? #3  
I've got an email in to the dealer so I'll find out eventually, but thought someone here might have one and could tell me:

What does the Kubota B2650 have for a winter starting aid?

Glow plugs or something similar?

Factory block heater?

If not, has anybody installed a block heater on a 2650?

Synthetic oils make a big difference and cold weather starting. Dealer installed inline block heater on the lower radiator hose. He had to cut a section of hose out to install it. If I start parking the tractor outside I will conceder a block heater also.

/ B2650 Winter starting aid?
Yup, I just heard back from the dealer. Gonna have them install a block heater while they've got it in the shop to put the rear remotes on and change out the tires.

Be a while yet, it's still in a container somewhere.

/ B2650 Winter starting aid? #5  
A block heater for sure;much easier on the motor in the cold climates.Faster warm-ups too.

/ B2650 Winter starting aid? #6  
I'd call the dealer and have them put the block heater in before they put fluids/etc. in it.
$50 or $60. My L3940 always started in the cold, but man it likes it better with a few hours of heater time. It's just better for the tractor.

Nevermind. Good call. =)

Last edited:
   / B2650 Winter starting aid? #7  
Yup, I just heard back from the dealer. Gonna have them install a block heater while they've got it in the shop to put the rear remotes on and change out the tires.

Be a while yet, it's still in a container somewhere.

Yup, block heater is the way to go for our neck of the woods and they're cheap money to have installed when you buy the tractor. It'll start without it, but it will be a lot happier with it.