Buying Advice B2920 or B3200

/ B2920 or B3200 #1  

Hotrocks

Tractor
BX2200HST
Hi,
As I stated in a earlier thread, I felt I was just about at my financial limit with the B2920HST with FEL and 60"MMM. After a review of the B3200 price, I may be able to swing the extra for the bigger tractor and FEL.

Question, I will use it for landscaping, brushhogging 10 to 12 acres of field with 5ft brushhog, finish mowing 2 or 3 acres, maintaining the remaining 50 acres for leisure and hunting. I have a 4 ft rototiller for garden and planting feed for deer and turkey. My land somewhat hilly, but not terrible. Can anyone see why I would need the bigger tractor? With all the woods, I still want to be nimble in the woods and felt the B2920 would fit the bill better as it is a little narrower. Thoughts and opinions? Thanks, this is a big purchase for me and I want to make the right choice.

/ B2920 or B3200 #2  
I owned a B3200TLB and used a 72" Woods rear finished with it. Had great power which was great plus.The extra 3 more horse's could be a plus for you. Never heard anyone say I wish I had a tractor with less horse power.
DevilDog

/ B2920 or B3200 #3  
The B3200 is bigger and with a heavier frame will handle the 5' brush hog easier than the B2920. It will also be better for ground equipment such as a box blade. The MMM for a B3200 is a ground contact mower instead of the suspended mower used on the B2920 or your BX. You adjust the mower height by adjusting the wheels. Many that buy it seem to go with the 6' version. Some have converted them by using chains to a suspended, but there seems some disatisfaction. Posibly sticking with a 5' one would be better or just use an RFM. Also the B3200 has a 4 cyl. engine. If you drive each, especially at the PTO operating speed, you will notice much more vibration in the B3200 than the B2920. So that should be part of your test to make sure you are ok with the amount of vibration at PTO speed since a lot of your time will be mowing. When we bought our B2920, we also test drove a B7800 which was before the 3200 and noticed the vibration.

The B2920 will make the better lawn mowing machine in my opinion because of its size, smoothness, and the type of MMM. But as I mentioned before, the 5' brush hog is a lot for it.

Both of these machines have the 1/4" valve instead of position control. Using a brush hog with the tractor with a 1/4" valve on the 3 pt hitch requires you to make adjustments to the mower height every 10 minutes or so or the front of the mower will be dragging on the ground. I use chains to maintain the mower height on mine now.

/ B2920 or B3200 #4  
Because of what KUgator said about the 1/4" valve, and the fact you'll be cutting 10-12 acres with your brush cutter, you might want to consider a B2630. It is physically just a tad larger than a 2920, has 3 less HP (might be a big deal) but also has a position control valve on the 3 PH. It will also have a ground contact mower. The floating deck and slightly smaller size is why I went with the 2920, but I have to admit that 1/4" valve is a real PITA. I'm not real sure where the money shakes out on the 2630 versus the 3200, but it's probably fairly close.

/ B2920 or B3200
I believe you also said before I could get a 54" brushhog...but I've never seen one. Where can you by that size? Everything I see is 4,5,6 foot even. However, I do have a 42" brushhog for the BX2200, that was on it when I bought it. I really have my mind set on the B2920...not sure why I keep looking around and asking questions. I don't think I like the sounds of the B3200 MMM.

/ B2920 or B3200 #6  
As mentioned, the slightly larger B3200 will handle the 5' rotary cutter better than the B2920, but it is still a tough choice for the chores you want to do. My B2620 is great with it's 4' implements in my woods since my trails are in the making, or pretty narrow, and in my small yard / field. I have a 4' rotary cutter, and am not sure I would want much more back there, but I'm not mowing any acerage either, just trimming around the edges, and perhaps 1/2 acre of open ground.

/ B2920 or B3200 #8  
Because of what KUgator said about the 1/4" valve, and the fact you'll be cutting 10-12 acres with your brush cutter, you might want to consider a B2630. It is physically just a tad larger than a 2920, has 3 less HP (might be a big deal) but also has a position control valve on the 3 PH. It will also have a ground contact mower. The floating deck and slightly smaller size is why I went with the 2920, but I have to admit that 1/4" valve is a real PITA. I'm not real sure where the money shakes out on the 2630 versus the 3200, but it's probably fairly close.

Ask a hundred guys? :D:D Get a hundred opinions. But seriously, you are getting key differences pointed out, and that is what makes these threads valuable.

I agree with fredhargis. So, here's my 1 in a 100 opinion. Either buy the B2620 or, if you really do want to spend more, then head right to the 30 series, with the 2630 being the right kind of machine with the right features if you want "more" machine.

/ B2920 or B3200 #9  
I almost bought the B3200, but I decided to keep looking at other colors, and kept reading about all brands on this site, and after reading all the horror storys about the excessive vibration of the B3200, and comparing the cheesy construction of the Kubota verses almost every opther color, I pulled the trigger on Bobcat.

Better price point, and as far as I am concerned a much better tractor

/ B2920 or B3200 #10  
I almost bought the B3200, but I decided to keep looking at other colors, and kept reading about all brands on this site, and after reading all the horror storys about the excessive vibration of the B3200, and comparing the cheesy construction of the Kubota verses almost every opther color, I pulled the trigger on Bobcat.

Better price point, and as far as I am concerned a much better tractor
Well not to start an argument here, but as far as quality and dependability and dealer support I'll take the Kubota anytime. Just look at the Bobcat forum and see how many complain about premature rusting and poor paint and weld quality. Many more talked about weather effecting the electronics. Bobcat for you but not for me. Oh by the way I owned a B3200TLB and never experienced a vibration issue at all. Only quirk I noticed was it had more power then traction, not sure if that's a bad thing.
DevilDog