B2920 won’t start

/ B2920 won’t start #61  
No worries, I was curious as many others are because we drive similar equipment and have the same issues. Your misfortune could save many hours of aggravation for others, I think we all take our turn in the lineup. Best to you.

/ B2920 won’t start #62  
Re: B2920 won稚 start

Hi, I have the same problem with my friends B2920. What I have diagnosed is a bad rectifier/regulator so far. It is burned up on the inside and even has a burnt smell. The wiring diagram I have show the L terminal on the rectifier sending voltage to the controller. If the controller doesnt get the voltage then the safety switches cant get voltage to them in order to satisfy the operators control box. This controller is what sees all the signals from each safety switch then allows voltage from the controller to the starter solenoid. I have ordered an aftermarket rectifier for $30. Kubota is $140.
Here is what I would do.
1. Check battery voltage with meter. If 12.5 then start tractor and should read at least 13.2. If not.

2. Shut off tractor, remove battery cables and use jumper cables to connect a nother known good battery and do the test exactly again. If not any higher voltage than battery tested before tractor was running then.

3. Left side of tractor, unplug the 2 dynamo/alternator wires and put meter on both wires and start tractor. At idle should read 13 volts or more. Speed up
And should read higher up to 30 volts or more. If so.

4. Shut off tractor remove steering wheel and plastic dash. Then remove rectifier (it has cooling fins).
Smell the rectifier for burnt smell if so its bad if not.
5. Plug back in and start tractor. Test back of plug on L terminal it should have 12 plus volts on it. If not replace rectifier. I have schematics if needed but it will take me a day to upload them
From work. If L has voltage then check all the safety switches again with jumper and for continuity. Plug is t marked with L either. Look at connector. The top has 6 terminals and the right hand farthest terminal is L. Hope this helps as I have spent 4 hours tracing the wires and checking everything.

/ B2920 won’t start #63  

Hi, I have the same problem with my friends B2920. What I have diagnosed is a bad rectifier/regulator so far. It is burned up on the inside and even has a burnt smell. The wiring diagram I have show the L terminal on the rectifier sending voltage to the controller. If the controller doesnt get the voltage then the safety switches cant get voltage to them in order to satisfy the operators control box. This controller is what sees all the signals from each safety switch then allows voltage from the controller to the starter solenoid. I have ordered an aftermarket rectifier for $30. Kubota is $140.
Here is what I would do.
1. Check battery voltage with meter. If 12.5 then start tractor and should read at least 13.2. If not.

2. Shut off tractor, remove battery cables and use jumper cables to connect a nother known good battery and do the test exactly again. If not any higher voltage than battery tested before tractor was running then.

3. Left side of tractor, unplug the 2 dynamo/alternator wires and put meter on both wires and start tractor. At idle should read 13 volts or more. Speed up

4. Shut off tractor remove steering wheel and plastic dash. Then remove rectifier (it has cooling fins).
5. Plug back in and start tractor. Test back of plug on L terminal it should have 12 plus volts on it. If not replace rectifier. I have schematics if needed but it will take me a day to upload them
From work. If L has voltage then check all the safety switches again with jumper and for continuity. Plug is t marked with L either. Look at connector. The top has 6 terminals and the right hand farthest terminal is L. Hope this helps as I have spent 4 hours tracing the wires and checking everything.

Is your schematic different than the one posted on page 4?

/ B2920 won’t start

Here is what I would do.

Thank you. Will maybe get to it this week. Do I need a wheel puller to get the wheel off?

/ B2920 won’t start #65  

Mhart,

I have been having troubles the last few times starting my B2320. Found under the floor board the pedal safety switch needed a good shot of WD-Fixall to free up a plunger that is spring returned, that actuates the pedal switch when in neutral.
I believe mine was doing the exact symptoms, I just finished up plowing from the storm 2day, worked great.

Look just under the floor board near the pedal pivot pin.

/ B2920 won’t start #66  
Any updates on this issue, we could all benefit from the answer.

/ B2920 won’t start #67  
Sure would like to know if this ever got resolved. I`m chatting with another member right now with B2920 starting issues.

/ B2920 won’t start #68  
I don't know if or how the original poster fixed his problem, but I found this thread helpful when my B2920 wouldn't start, so I'm posting with my experience.

The tractor is about 10 years old with just under 1000 hrs. It was running fine, when suddenly it wouldn't start. I heard a click and saw the dash lights come on when I switched it to "Run", the glow plug light came on at "Glow", but nothing happened when I switched to "Start".

I cleaned up the battery connections, although they looked in pretty good shape, and then it started for me. I then drove it to a more convenient spot than where it first died and shut it down. The next day (today) it wouldn't start, same symptoms as before.

After reading through this thread, I located the safety interlock switch on the speed control pedal. I wiggled the pedal a bit, and it started right up, so I think that was probably the problem. I'll add some lubrication where I think it might do some good, and if it continues acting up I'll follow my long-standing policy of disconnecting safety switches that interfere with operation of the equipment.

/ B2920 won’t start #69  
Mike, that’s exactly what happened to me but it was in the frigid cold weather, I suspect some snow/ice froze it or the rusty spring return was a bit sluggish. Which reminds me, time for another good dose of WD-Fixall.:ROFLMAO: