B3030 Vibrations

/ B3030 Vibrations #1  

BandDcabinet

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota M59, B3030, B7100
First post after taking delivery of a B3030. Unit purchased with FEL,BH,6 FT Curtis PA Plow, Wallenstein 6 inch Chipper, Forks, Kubota quick attach on the loader. This is my second Kubota I also have a 1983 B7100 w/ FEL, 1Meter Tiller, and 5 foot rear mount woods mower.

I have 10 hours on the B3030, 3000 on the B7100. The B7100 is as smooth as the day I purchased it new. The B3030 has an annoying vibration in the steering wheel that seems to be getting worse. No problems at idle but measurable at 2000 rpm. I love the tractor but the vibration /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif I'm wondering if it is from the hydraulic pump. Any one dealing with this problem?

/ B3030 Vibrations #2  
I test drove a brand new B3030HSTC the other day and noticed the same thing. I too noticed the vibration level to be higher than I expected. Maybe it has something to do with it being a 4cy engine? I was impressed with the CAB on the B3030 tractor, it was super nice!

Mark

/ B3030 Vibrations
This can't be the only 4 cyl Kubota makes. Do they all vibrate? I'm thinking of testing to determine the vibration frequency.

Saw some earlier posts suggesting the problem was related to the injectors or injector pump. I can't find any post with a resolution. The dealer hasn't been much help.... says they all vibrate... not my idea of an answer.

/ B3030 Vibrations #4  
Something my dad told me might help explain. My dad has good diesel experience and said the reason the 4cy engine "may" vibrate more than a 3cy is that the 4cy uses 2 cylinders to make compresion at the same time but the odd number 3 cyl engine uses eash cylinder one at a time to compress the fuel. I'm not saying that this specific engine is that way but dad says some 4cy diesel engines are.

Mark

/ B3030 Vibrations #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( This can't be the only 4 cyl Kubota makes. Do they all vibrate? I'm thinking of testing to determine the vibration frequency.

Saw some earlier posts suggesting the problem was related to the injectors or injector pump. I can't find any post with a resolution. The dealer hasn't been much help.... says they all vibrate... not my idea of an answer. )</font>

The B7800 uses the same engine. It would be interesting to see if they vibrate as well.

/ B3030 Vibrations #6  
If you look at the published specs, the B7800 has a different engine model number. If I recall correctly, the B7800 that I tried out did not vibrate as bad as the B3030. Even the 3cyl B2630 was not as bad as the B3030. It's just a guess, but maybe the new redesigned frames are not absorbing as much vibs as the earlier models.

/ B3030 Vibrations #7  
I have the same problem with mine and no help coming from my dealer. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I'll have to complain directly to Kubota.

The tractor is nice though but the vibration is very annoying.

/ B3030 Vibrations
Has the amplitude of the vibration changed with hours?

The dealer only had the B2630 in stock when I tried the unit. I didn't notice any vibrations in the 3 cyl. I allowed myself to be rushed into ordering the B3030 to qualify for the Kubota no finance deal that never ended!!! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif I wanted the extra HP to run the chipper. To my surprise the unit handles the chipper with ease. Most trees are white pine but 4 to 5 inch trees go thru whole without any problems. Too much 'greens' causes the shoot to plug as one might expect.

I see you have the Curtis plow. The 6 foot power angle was in stock and came as the best deal. I'm not happy with the bezel that covers the rear remote hydraulic valve. I'm using this for the power angle. I added a second set of quick disconnects in the lines near the front of the tractor to allow easy removal of the plow without taking the lines out going to the rear. Have you used yours yet??

I'll send some photos

D

/ B3030 Vibrations
Thanks for the links. Has there been any response from Kubota that you are aware of? "papa_romano" says the techs were setting one up to test back in May. Papa, if your out there what's the latest from Kubota??? It seems like there are a number of us that would like to hear about the Kubota Tech's findings.

Thanks again for the links.

D