B3030 vs. B3200

/ B3030 vs. B3200 #1  

archerynut

Platinum Member
Tractor
Looking again
Allright everyone,
I have decided that it is a moral imperative to upgrade to a new tractor. Therefore I am stuck between the two, any thoughts are appreciated, and ideas on price are accepted also. PM if you want to be kept anonymous. Both fit the roll of what I want it to do, and the cab really isn't an option for me. Looking for TLB plus MMM.
Thanks

/ B3030 vs. B3200 #2  
Allright everyone,
I have decided that it is a moral imperative to upgrade to a new tractor. Therefore I am stuck between the two, any thoughts are appreciated, and ideas on price are accepted also. PM if you want to be kept anonymous. Both fit the roll of what I want it to do, and the cab really isn't an option for me. Looking for TLB plus MMM.
Thanks
About the only meaningful difference is one is the Luxury model at quite a bit more cost. If you want to pay for the extra features then do so. If you don't want to pay the extra money for the extra features then don't. The Kubota build site will tell you the difference in features and price between the two machines. I've had a B3200 and it was one of the finest Kubotas I've owned which shows I was not willing to pay the extra for the B3030. Others on this forum have paid the extra and most have not. Sure the B3030 buyers will tell you they are glad they did and maybe a few B3200 buyers will say they wished they had payed the extra for the extra luxury features. Your choice from here. Good luck and pull the trigger.

/ B3030 vs. B3200 #3  
Allright everyone,
Thanks

I chose the B3200 over the 3030 mostly because of cost but I also wanted as much hp as I could get in the same size package. The 3030 has some nice features but only you can decide if that means: enough to pay the extra $$$$.:thumbsup:

/ B3030 vs. B3200 #4  
Happy with my B3030, did not even consider the B3200. Surprised that there are more B3200 members than B3030, not sure when JT did his survey.

/ B3030 vs. B3200 #5  
The two tractors are virtually identical in abilities. I'll try to explain some of the differences.

The 3030 has alot of deluxe features. Some of these are:

position control vs. quarter inching on the 3200
extendable three point hitch arms / telescoping sway links vs. basic arms / turnbuckles on the 3200
tilt wheel vs. non
hydrostatic steering vs. steering box / power assist on 3200
arm rests vs. none
hydraulic PTO engagement vs. clutch pedal / manual engagement on 3200
no clutch pedal vs. clutch on 3200

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few features.

IMO the two big ones are the position control and the deluxe three point hitch. If I owned the 3200 I'd have no choice but to add the 3030 style 3 point assembly.

Two things I like better on the 3200 are:

If you go with the Kubota backhoe, its more integrated and makes for a more compact package. The operators seat turns around instead of having two seats. Since its more compact, its more maneuverable in tight areas.

I like the under-seat hydraulic valve better, keeping the loader control in a comfortable position at your right hip. This can be remedied on the 3030 by ordering it with the cab style joystick, as several members here have done. If ordered that way, the price difference is minimal.

Just some food for thought......... the new B3000 is due out within a few months. It is the updated 3030. No doubt the backhoe will be integrated like the 3200 as well as the seat-side loader control..... probably with a little swoopier bodywork. Maybe you'll want to wait for the B3000? Maybe not......

/ B3030 vs. B3200 #6  
The two tractors are virtually identical in abilities. I'll try to explain some of the differences.

The 3030 has alot of deluxe features. Some of these are:

position control vs. quarter inching on the 3200
extendable three point hitch arms / telescoping sway links vs. basic arms / turnbuckles on the 3200
tilt wheel vs. non
hydrostatic steering vs. steering box / power assist on 3200
arm rests vs. none
hydraulic PTO engagement vs. clutch pedal / manual engagement on 3200
no clutch pedal vs. clutch on 3200

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few features.

IMO the two big ones are the position control and the deluxe three point hitch. If I owned the 3200 I'd have no choice but to add the 3030 style 3 point assembly.

Two things I like better on the 3200 are:

If you go with the Kubota backhoe, its more integrated and makes for a more compact package. The operators seat turns around instead of having two seats. Since its more compact, its more maneuverable in tight areas.

I like the under-seat hydraulic valve better, keeping the loader control in a comfortable position at your right hip. This can be remedied on the 3030 by ordering it with the cab style joystick, as several members here have done. If ordered that way, the price difference is minimal.

Just some food for thought......... the new B3000 is due out within a few months. It is the updated 3030. No doubt the backhoe will be integrated like the 3200 as well as the seat-side loader control..... probably with a little swoopier bodywork. Maybe you'll want to wait for the B3000? Maybe not......

I will NEVER buy a tractor without position control again if it is available in the size tractor I need.

/ B3030 vs. B3200 #7  
Price on my B3030 from February 2009:
B3030 HSDCC deluxe cold weather cab (heat, A/C, front & rear wipers/washers) - $20,100
LA403 loader - $4700

Those prices do not include NY state sales tax of 7.75% in my county. Those prices are also before factoring in my trade.

/ B3030 vs. B3200 #8  
A lot of the improvements on the 3030 you will not notice unless you are going to put a lot of hours on then you will see that the 3030 will be less troublesome as it ages. But that of course is 20 years down the road.:D
One item that swayed me to the 3200 was the loader valve. The integrated valve by your right leg on the 3200 is far superior to the loader mount valve and the cab version for the 3030 I did not like because of the cable run valve. JMO

/ B3030 vs. B3200 #9  
A lot of the improvements on the 3030 you will not notice unless you are going to put a lot of hours on then you will see that the 3030 will be less troublesome as it ages. But that of course is 20 years down the road.:DJMO

How do you figure the B3030 will be less troublesome as it ages? Mechanically it is almost identical to the B3200.

As to the original question, I chose the B3200 due to the lower cost and the newer designed loader/loader valve. The backhoe option also looked better if I ever wanted to add one someday. The only feature I wish I had was the better 3pt stabilizer bars (which is an easy upgrade.) The extendable lower links are nice on big tractors, but the implements for these little tractors are so small you can pretty well move them into position by hand. Quarter inching valve doesn't bother me (actually has some advantages in ceartain circumstances) and the transmission driven PTO works fine since it's on a HST tractor.

Someone mentioned the greater power of the B3200 being an advantage, well, it's only got more power on paper. The engines are identical and put out the same torque, same HP, they just rate the B3200 at a little higher rpm to make it look better.

/ B3030 vs. B3200 #10  
How do you figure the B3030 will be less troublesome as it ages? Mechanically it is almost identical to the B3200.

As to the original question, I chose the B3200 due to the lower cost and the newer designed loader/loader valve. The backhoe option also looked better if I ever wanted to add one someday. The only feature I wish I had was the better 3pt stabilizer bars (which is an easy upgrade.) The extendable lower links are nice on big tractors, but the implements for these little tractors are so small you can pretty well move them into position by hand. Quarter inching valve doesn't bother me (actually has some advantages in ceartain circumstances) and the transmission driven PTO works fine since it's on a HST tractor.

Someone mentioned the greater power of the B3200 being an advantage, well, it's only got more power on paper. The engines are identical and put out the same torque, same HP, they just rate the B3200 at a little higher rpm to make it look better.

Hydrostatic steering is more durable
b3030 does not have a clutch
just a couple items I can think of at the moment.