B3200 Owners Question.

/ B3200 Owners Question.
Ran my B3200 for a few hours today and was paying close attention to vibration. Still feel no unusual vibration at 2000 rpm on mine while running it for a few hours moving rocks and knocking a tree down. It actually runs it's smoothest at 2000. I'm not saying it runs like a car and there is some slight vibration which increases some while increasing rpm's up to the 2300 at the orange mark on tach but I don't think an unusual amount from my experience. Interesting that some one stated 4 cyls vibrate more and I have always heard and experienced the more the cyls the smoother the run.

Try running it at 2600 rpm and use the fwd HST pedal for awhile. If there is any unusual vibration you will be able feel it in the seat as well as in your foot on the hst pedal.

I spent about an hour today with the Kubota rep, my dealers service manager and the owner. The Kubota rep ran the tractor and at first didn't notice any unusual vibrations. I then said to remove the loader and see what happens.... at 2600 rpm he said he now knew what I was talking about, and he could feel the higher vibrations. He then checked all under and over the tractor and was on the phone with someone else at Kubota talking.

The rep agreed that the vibrations I have at 2600 are unusual but didn't think they were going to cause any damage to the tractor. Basically the pedals at 2600 rpm are acting like a tuning fork. He said that Kubota is going to study the problem and see if they can come up with some sort of damper for the pedals, or to damper/isolate the engine from the frame.

I would ask all of you who own a B3200 to carefully evaluate your vibration levels at 2600 rpms, and if possible do it with the loader removed. If the vibrations are unusual or causing you a problem please let your dealer know and ask them to report this to Kubota so it can be tracked.

The Kubota rep I meet with was very interested in my problem and I belive he has full knowledge now of what is wrong..... at least with my tractor. I also understand that any fix to this issue would have to come from, or be approved by the headquarters folks in Japan...... I'm not holding my breath for any quick resolution......but perhaps the ball is rolling...........or then again, perhaps it will be ignored.

Again, this may not be a problem with each and every B3200 tractor, but if you do have this vibration I ask that you advise your dealer and make them aware of the problem.

Stu

/ B3200 Owners Question. #12  
I am glad to hear that the kubota rep took a real interest in your problem. I have to admit I have not had mine much past pto speed and I have the loader and back hoe both on. I will probably take the loader and back hoe off in the next few weeks to see if mine has the vibration at 2600 with no attatchments. I hope the rep was serious and not just making it look good while you were there. I guess time will tell. please keep us informed and what the solution is to the problem.

Did you by chance ask for a 3200 with less vibration and if so what was the reply?

/ B3200 Owners Question. #13  
Hi Again PSDStu,

Talked to my dealer end of last week and he is going to contact the main office and talk to the head tech there to see if any other similar problems have been reported. Of course that person is on vacation this week. ;-)

Put a few more hours on over the last week and it seems to vary according to certain "sweet spots". My main vibration comes through the steering wheel as I mentioned before. I do not get the deck vibes that you talked about and I have found that I only get the HST pedal vibes at certain RPM and also it is more pronounced when I am using the MMM so this week I cut grass at different RPM levels and have located a couple of "sweet spots" around 2100 RPM or so where the vibes are "better".

Will let you know what the dealer comes back with...hopefully they will take an interest as well especially since this is the second Kubota we have purchased from them within 6 months - M7040 and now this B3200.

/ B3200 Owners Question.
Hi Again PSDStu,

Talked to my dealer end of last week and he is going to contact the main office and talk to the head tech there to see if any other similar problems have been reported. Of course that person is on vacation this week. ;-)

Put a few more hours on over the last week and it seems to vary according to certain "sweet spots". My main vibration comes through the steering wheel as I mentioned before. I do not get the deck vibes that you talked about and I have found that I only get the HST pedal vibes at certain RPM and also it is more pronounced when I am using the MMM so this week I cut grass at different RPM levels and have located a couple of "sweet spots" around 2100 RPM or so where the vibes are "better".

Will let you know what the dealer comes back with...hopefully they will take an interest as well especially since this is the second Kubota we have purchased from them within 6 months - M7040 and now this B3200.

Red,

Your right about finding the sweetspots. I also found that I can feel the vibrations on the hst pedal more if I bushog, or run the rfm with the loader removed. I prefer to bushog and run the rfm that way, but it does vibrate less with the loader installed.

Will be intrested in how things are handled for you north of the border!

Keep us posted, and I know you love your M7040, as much as I love my M5040!

Stu

/ B3200 Owners Question. #15  
Hi PSDStu,

Yes the M7040 does the job quite nicely. It is busy everyday doing loader work which is what we bought it for. Handles those large square bales very well. Looks like you didn't need a FEL on your M?

WRT the B3200 vibration issue, had a call from the dealer and he mentioned that the head tech at the main office had heard of this problem (through other reports and also TBN) and that they are looking into it and will see what can be done about it - sounds promising! Lets see what happens.

/ B3200 Owners Question.
Hi PSDStu,

Yes the M7040 does the job quite nicely. It is busy everyday doing loader work which is what we bought it for. Handles those large square bales very well. Looks like you didn't need a FEL on your M?

WRT the B3200 vibration issue, had a call from the dealer and he mentioned that the head tech at the main office had heard of this problem (through other reports and also TBN) and that they are looking into it and will see what can be done about it - sounds promising! Lets see what happens.

My M5040 is used for bushogging and mowing around 65 acres and my B3200 does the loader work when needed. I may get a loader for the M5040 oneday.

Sounds good!

/ B3200 Owners Question. #17  
I am still at under 10 hours on my B3200 but I have none of the vibration issues that you have described. Last Saturday I spent at least an hour and a half using the tiller on the 3point (RPMs up to the PTS speed) and using low range on the HST. I never noticed any vibrations thru the pedal into my foot or from the steering wheel. In fact, I was thinking how smooth this new tractor is over my old B7100 (3 cylinder).

/ B3200 Owners Question. #18  
Interesting that some one stated 4 cyls vibrate more and I have always heard and experienced the more the cyls the smoother the run.

A 4 cylinder inline configuration is the worst offender for vibration. 2 pistons up and 2 pistons down (720 degree 4 stroke cycle divided by 4 = 180 degrees). A three cylinder will be be less vibration because when 1 piston is at 12:00, the crankshaft journal for next will be at 4:00 and the other at 8:00, thus providing a somewhat smoother cycle. Although this cycle is 240 degrees apart it's not 2 up 2 down like a 4 cyl.

/ B3200 Owners Question. #19  
I've seen this over the years on the B2910, B7800, B3030, and now the B3200. These are all 4 cyl. engines and they will vibrate more.

/ B3200 Owners Question. #20  
I've seen this over the years on the B2910, B7800, B3030, and now the B3200. These are all 4 cyl. engines and they will vibrate more.

If any of you have owned Harley's before (2000 I believe) when they rubber mounted the Road Kings and cruisers and balanced the Fat Boys you know how bad the vibrations can be.. You couldn't stop shaking when you got off after riding a while, almost couldn't stand.. and your hands were usually totally numb. The balanced engines on the Fat Boy still had vibrations in the balanced motors until you got the RPM's up and then they smoothed out. I know we are talking two totally different type of engines but the vibrations were a killer (the women loved it though, LOL).

If the Kubota's aren't mounted correctly or balanced you're going to get vibrations and at different RPM's depending on the attachments you are using.

I haven't noticed much vibration on my B3200, at least nothing out of the ordinary, but I am only running the TLB or Box Blade and not at very high RPM's.