B7500 Moving Logs

/ B7500 Moving Logs #1  

Milo

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 3520, Ferris Z2100, Kawasaki Mule Pro MX, Honda Pioneer 520
I (well actually the Kubota) just finished moving and stacking 115, 11' pine logs. I don't know what I would have done with out it. Some of the largest ones were a struggle and were only able to be raised by curling. A few times it took all 21 of the B7500's HP, but it was able to do everything I asked it to. I wish everything I have worked as well, and was as trouble free, as this little Kubota!

IMG_0023.jpg

/ B7500 Moving Logs #2  
..and thats why some call them little mules. :)

/ B7500 Moving Logs #3  
It's as much about that Ballast Box as it is the Kubota.

Kubota Ballast Box, no less.!!:thumbsup:

/ B7500 Moving Logs
It's as much about that Ballast Box as it is the Kubota.

Kubota Ballast Box, no less.!!:thumbsup:

LOL.

Back when I "made the deal" on the tractor, loader, mower, and rear blade, the salesman then showed me this ballast box they had in stock. (And probably really want to get rid of) He offered it for 1/2 price. After I whined around for thirty minutes he finally wore down and agreed to throw it in :D

I'm sure they still made plenty.

/ B7500 Moving Logs
..and thats why some call them little mules. :)

I thought Kubota translated to "little bull". So it's a little mule? I like that too. :)

/ B7500 Moving Logs #6  
I thought Kubota translated to "little bull". So it's a little mule? I like that too. :)
I've heard "little bull" also, but in reality Kubota is a Japanese surname that as far as I could tell doesn't really translate to anything bull-related. I suspect this definition "creatively" resulted from their previous use of a bull's head as an emblem.

I like "little bull" better than "little mule" anyway, since mules are sometimes stubborn. But just as with tractors, sometimes the mule's owner is really the stubborn one. :D

/ B7500 Moving Logs #7  
a light weight set of forks to replace the bucket will add greatly to size log you can lift :)

/ B7500 Moving Logs #8  
What you going to do with all that wood? Make a beaver dam? lol zman:cool:

/ B7500 Moving Logs
How are forks able to lift much more than a bucket? I guess they'd bring the load closer?

The wood is being sold, so to speak. After paying $900 to the guy with the chainsaw who cut and limbed the pines, and hauling the logs 50 miles, I'll be lucky to break even. But I'm getting rid of some pine trees that I've been needing to get rid of.

/ B7500 Moving Logs #10  
Forks also weigh less than the bucket which is often surprisingly heavy - On that size tractor you might have 300 or so extra pounds (300 is just a guess) of lifting power.

Yeah the market for trees is so bad here, my neighbor couldn't get anyone to come out for less than a truckload of hardwood but I think the market is coming back.