B7500 & Single axle trailer

/ B7500 & Single axle trailer #21  
I bought my new 6-1/2 x 16 foot dual-axle trailer (brakes on one axle) with two heavy duty ramps in East Tennessee for $800 about 4 years ago. The ramps were not attached. Seems like it cost about $100 extra for axles with brakes. So the same 6-1/2 wide trailer was $700/$800/$900 for brakes on 0/1/2 axles respectively. The length didn't matter; I had my choice of 14' or 16' at the same price. They didn't have any 12' length models in stock so I didn't ask. If I remember correctly, they explained that the builder buys the steel in the 16' lengths and cuts it down for the smaller trailers, thus the material cost to the builder and subsequent retail purchaser is the same regardless of finished length.

I believe that the prices haven't changed much since. If I have a chance in the next day or two I'll call around and get updated prices. And maybe photos.

Kelvin

/ B7500 & Single axle trailer #22  
WVBill, you can really make some profit on things like that especially in northern Va.

John, Here it is B.J.'S TRAILER SALES (615)444-8794 They seemed to be really nice people but when I talked to the gentleman he said the trailer would run around $600.00 and I cant remember if it was $50.00 or $75.00 for the ramps. I didnt ask about the trailer brakes, Maybe I was just to excited about the price. But first thing I got to do is sell My 12 footer/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

2001 B7500 HST 302 Fel R4 Tires, Befco BRB60
Semper Fidelis

/ B7500 & Single axle trailer #23  
When you buy I'd be interested in seeing pictures. That is a much better price than available here in Ohio (or at least from what I've seen). I went to look at a used/homemade trailer a couple of weeks ago. The guy had made the rungs/treads from a car ramp at a service station. At first I thought that sounded good. 16' trailer for $250 I thought I was good to go, I had heard it was a little rusty, but I knew that wouldn't hurt anything. Went and looked at it. The guy had welded the little ramps from the car shop so that they hung down fairly low, knew that was a problem and was going to have to change that. Looked at the tires, he had used mobile home axles & wheels so they weren't standard size and they were really dry rotted. Dad sales tires and said new ones would run between $80 - 100/w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif. Now my $250 trailer is up to $600 + TLC. The lights and brakes weren't wired - at all. I was still thinking possibly a decent buy but not my great buy that I thought I had. I continued looking around at it and bent down to look where the axles were connected to the frame. The guy trying to keep the trailer low and still provide spring compression had notched the frame. He had taken the 6" rail and notched out over 4" of it over both axles. So you were down to less than a 2" frame rail/w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif. He said that he hauled a 6500# tractor on it. I wouldn't stand on it, let alone haul a tractor on it. Needless to say I got back in my truck and saw how quick I could back out of the driveway on that one/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif. That has been my experience with used trailers, so when I do finally buy, I'm going to find some place building nice, quality trailers at a reasonable price.

Jim

/ B7500 & Single axle trailer #24  
Re: B7500 & Single axle trailer *DELETED*

Post deleted by boatman

/ B7500 & Single axle trailer #25  
boatman,

Third times a charm!! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif I would like to see it.

Terry

/ B7500 & Single axle trailer #26  
lets try this again. for some reason i am having trouble downloading this scan. i have a chart with all 50 state towing & trailer requirements. for some reason i can not download it. if anyone is interested who has a scanner i can fax it to you and you can try to download it.

/ B7500 & Single axle trailer #27  
Check the file size, might be too big.

Terry

/ B7500 & Single axle trailer #28  
John
If you go to Nashville your going to be a litle dissapointed.
I believe that Bristol TN is at the other end of the state.
That would be Bristol TN/Virginia. In fact the state line is
split down middle of the street.

/ B7500 & Single axle trailer #29  
DRT, You are exactly right, There is Bristol Tn and Bristol Va and the line down the middle/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Boatman, Is there a place on the internet that has the listings for each state ?

2001 B7500 HST 302 Fel R4 Tires, Befco BRB60
Semper Fidelis

/ B7500 & Single axle trailer #30  
Thank you Kelvin...

18-35197-JD5205JFMsignaturelogo.JPG