B7500 & trailer?

/ B7500 & trailer? #1  

Darins

Tractor
B7500
I have a ? I need to get a trailer for my B7500 so I can move wood around my property. But I don't know how big of a trailer my tractor will pull or how many #? I don't want to get something to big and run it in the ground. I have 5 acre and when I need wood it just take too many trips to move it around in the loader so I thought a trailer would help. Thanks again for all your help.. Darin

/ B7500 & trailer? #2  
Darins, if I remember right, my B7100 manual said it would pull a 1,000# trailer, but you have to remember that trailer towing ratings take into consideration things like brakes and the ability to stop a trailer. You can actually pull a lot more if you go slowly, don't have so much weight on the tongue that the front wheels get too light to steer, etc. I have a 5' x 10' tiltbed trailer that I've used a lot to haul limbs, brush, etc., but of course that wasn't nearly as heavy as firewood. Tractors are made for pulling, so I don't think you'll hurt your tractor. It's just a matter of staying small enough that you can control the trailer.

Bird

/ B7500 & trailer? #3  
Darins-
When I got my L3000 the manual said how heavy of trailer I could pull. Maybe the b7500 manual is different.
Not much info, but hopefully that helps/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif.

Paul

/ B7500 & trailer? #4  
There use to be a old rule of thumb around these parts.
Buy or build a trailer in which the tractor can be transported in,also floation tires do work the best when the ground wet.
Have you consider if you want the trailer w/a dump body.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ B7500 & trailer? #5  
I carry my firewood (about 6 cords a year) in my FEL and on a 3 pt carryall that I built. For me, using the FEL/carryall combo instead of a trailer allows me much greater freedom to move around in the woods (I have fairly thick woods). Also, I built my carryall for no $$ using stuff I had laying around. Using this combo may not work for you, but it has worked well for me so I thought I'd toss it out.

Corm

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by corm on 03/17/01 08:17 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

/ B7500 & trailer?
Thanks Corm, If you have any pictures of that carryall I would really like to see them. How big is it and what did you build it out of? Thanks again.

/ B7500 & trailer? #7  
Darins - I don't have a picture, and right now it is buried in my shed and won't see daylight till the snow melts around here (could be awhile - we are supposed to get up to another foot on Thursday). I built it all out of wood. I didn't have a welder or any welding skills at the time (I recently went to a welding class and have bought a MIG welder, so I'm dangerous now). It is 5 foot square. I built the bottom framework out of hardwood, using 4x4s for the perimeter, and 3x3s for the cross pieces. I used maple boards for the 'deck', and 1/2 inch plywood for 3 sides. The sides are about 30" high. The whole thing sits on the lower arms of my 3 point hitch, and is held in place by a couple of short pieces of hardwood. It is more rugged than it needs to be, but I wanted to make sure it would hold a load of green firewood. I also built a plywood bottom for my bucket, extending the bottom of it and effectively doubling the size of my bucket. Between the bucket and what I can get on my carryall, I can carry one run (1/3 of a cord) all cut and split. Two trips in a day and I'm ready for a cold one...

Corm