Backhoe attachment

/ Backhoe attachment #21  
Top link bracket will only fail in tension, but you can crank the top link to be in compression. Its not gonna punch through the back of the tractor!

As far as hydraulics, they will either come from the loader valve power beyond and then back into your tank/sump, or the 3pt will have some external port to let you power it from the 3pt area. Gotta post pics of your loader valve or 3pt/underseat area, or i gotta spend a lot of time on google.. lol

/ Backhoe attachment
Top link bracket will only fail in tension, but you can crank the top link to be in compression. Its not gonna punch through the back of the tractor!

As far as hydraulics, they will either come from the loader valve power beyond and then back into your tank/sump, or the 3pt will have some external port to let you power it from the 3pt area. Gotta post pics of your loader valve or 3pt/underseat area, or i gotta spend a lot of time on google.. lol
Here's the loader valve

20230301_162923.jpg

/ Backhoe attachment
Another picture

Attachments

• 20230302_131955.jpg
    20230302_131955.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 50
   / Backhoe attachment #24  
I would suggest you start with Messicks parts list for your B1550 and or get a service manual. Kubota B1550D (4wd) Parts

You need to locate the power beyond connection then the return line. In a sense you are adding a set of rear remote valves needed to run the BH. The BH will have two lines - a pressure and return line to the sump that need to be connected.

You could also search for BH install on the 1550 as well..

/ Backhoe attachment
With seat removed

Attachments

• 20230302_151126.jpg
    20230302_151126.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 43
   / Backhoe attachment
I would suggest you start with Messicks parts list for your B1550 and or get a service manual. Kubota B1550D (4wd) Parts

You need to locate the power beyond connection then the return line. In a sense you are adding a set of rear remote valves needed to run the BH. The BH will have two lines - a pressure and return line to the sump that need to be connected.

You could also search for BH install on the 1550 as well..
I believe these little tractors used a pto mounted pump ?

/ Backhoe attachment #27  
Some Kubotas. Not all, offer a heavy duty top link bracket. To better distribute the weight. I looked into when my father got his 9000 backhoe but the bracket wasn't available for his model.
That would be a good idea. They do put a lot of stress on the top link bracket and if there was some way to spread that stress out to more mounting points that would be good.

John, how do you plan to get the hydraulic to the BH? I always ended up with a PTO pump and dedicated sump on mine.

/ Backhoe attachment
That would be a good idea. They do put a lot of stress on the top link bracket and if there was some way to spread that stress out to more mounting points that would be good.

John, how do you plan to get the hydraulic to the BH? I always ended up with a PTO pump and dedicated sump on mine.
The guy I bought it from says he has the 2 lines from backhoe hooked up to his front loader control ? Not sure I can do it on mine. Trying to get some insight on how from here. Trying to avoid the cost of a pto pump if I can

/ Backhoe attachment #29  
I believe these little tractors used a pto mounted pump ?

Some did and some didn't. It was less expensive to buy a BH which used tractor internal hydraulics, and of course it made the whole rig lighter. Using a PTO driven pump made a whole lot more flow available at lower tractor RPM, and the remote reservoir held more fluid which made it cool better...plus having a filter on the remote reservoir kept the tractor hydraulics separate from any contamination. But it added considerably to the price of the hoe. Mechanically for the hoe iteself they were identical either way.
rScotty

/ Backhoe attachment
Just found this in the manual. Is this where the BH lines would go ?

Attachments

• 20230302_180941.jpg
    20230302_180941.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 54