Backhoe Buckets & Attachments

/ Backhoe Buckets & Attachments #1  

rScotty

Tractor
Kubota M59, JD530, JD310SG. Restoring Yanmar YM165D
I'm wondering if any of Kubota's or any aftermarket backhoe buckets interchange between the various Kubota TLBs, Excavators, and Tractor mounted hoes? Is there an interchange guide?

For instance, our M59 uses the BT1200 hoe and is equipped with Kubota's quick change bucket mount. The quick change works real well, but just how universal is that mount? Does anything else use the same bucket? Are there any aftermarket buckets and different attachments.... maybe some adapters?

Always looking to do more with the hoe,
thanks - rScotty

/ Backhoe Buckets & Attachments #2  
I think that’s pretty much a no. I was told by the local dealer that the M59 wouldn’t exchange with any excavator and the excavators only exchanged with the no tail swing equivalent machine. I can’t comment on if any of the tractors with pin on buckets exchange or if any of the Kubota TLB buckets exchange.

/ Backhoe Buckets & Attachments #3  
I did one post 5527840

/ Backhoe Buckets & Attachments #4  
The best I could do on my BH92 was look at the bucket part number at Messicks and find out "where used". The BH92 buckets interchange with the BT1000 hoe. Thats it. Non-QD buckets at least.

/ Backhoe Buckets & Attachments #5  
I'm wondering if any of Kubota's or any aftermarket backhoe buckets interchange between the various Kubota TLBs, Excavators, and Tractor mounted hoes? Is there an interchange guide?

For instance, our M59 uses the BT1200 hoe and is equipped with Kubota's quick change bucket mount. The quick change works real well, but just how universal is that mount? Does anything else use the same bucket? Are there any aftermarket buckets and different attachments.... maybe some adapters?

Always looking to do more with the hoe,
thanks - rScotty

From what I can see you may find something that will work. Pin size, width between the ears of the boom where the bucket attaches, and distance between the pins seems to be the critical dimensions.

I recently bought an old mini ex, and it turns out the bucket on my B4690A backhoe has the same pin size and width between the ears (for lack of a better term), while the pin spacing is somewhere close to the original mini ex bucket, in the normal digging position. (Mini ex bucket has two pin positions, which change bucket angle depending on what you need.)

I have not got around to trying the backhoe bucket on the mini ex yet. I am hoping it will work as it is a 16" bucket and the mini ex has a 12" on it now.

/ Backhoe Buckets & Attachments #6  
I thought I read something that Gannon supplied the buckets for Kubota and Woods supplied the backhoe.
I remember my Woods BH750 had a Gannon bucket on it.

/ Backhoe Buckets & Attachments #7  
My M59 has a pin on bucket with a thumb. Studied the parts diagrams on Messicks for QA and think the rear yoke is needed to couple to the QA bucket ears for my machine.

These ears look similar to the Messicks drawings.

Think at one time the QA ears for both the M59 and M62 shared the same part number? Are they still available from Wholegoods?

Can see where attachments be very useful.

/ Backhoe Buckets & Attachments #8  
Hello Neighbor!

I looked into this a year or so ago and there are companies that will fab a bucket to fit our machines. Excavator Thumbs in stock by USA Attachments is an example. I called them and if I recall the Kubota excavator mount is the same as the one on our TLBs but I might be mis-remembering.

In doing the same research I was told the same thing...there is no coupler standard in the backhoe industry.

/ Backhoe Buckets & Attachments
My M59 has a pin on bucket with a thumb. Studied the parts diagrams on Messicks for QA and think the rear yoke is needed to couple to the QA bucket ears for my machine.

These ears look similar to the Messicks drawings.

Think at one time the QA ears for both the M59 and M62 shared the same part number? Are they still available from Wholegoods?

Can see where attachments be very useful.

Thanks for that refererence - that ebay adv. may have just answered at least part of my question - the part about what buckets interchange. Their adv. below has an interchange list. I'm assuming that if the ears are the same the buckets will work.... which may not be true but seems like it would be a necessary first step.

These USA-made eBay bucket ears look to be way less expensive than what I was quoted for whole goods ears from Kubota. Worth looking into.
rScotty

Attachments

• Backhoe Bucket Ears.jpg
    Backhoe Bucket Ears.jpg
    825.4 KB · Views: 160
   / Backhoe Buckets & Attachments
Hello Neighbor!

I looked into this a year or so ago and there are companies that will fab a bucket to fit our machines. Excavator Thumbs in stock by USA Attachments is an example. I called them and if I recall the Kubota excavator mount is the same as the one on our TLBs but I might be mis-remembering.

In doing the same research I was told the same thing...there is no coupler standard in the backhoe industry.

Apparently there isn't a coupler standard for backhoes.... But that is a huge opportunity for someone.
It was an exciting day - and only recently - when tractor companies started putting standard SSQA mounts on their front loaders. All of a sudden the selection of attachments for loader arms went from one to hundreds - and spawned a whole industry.

Maybe someone will do the same for backhoe couplers - it would be a pretty easy way for a welder/mechanic to step into manufacturing. Kinda makes me wish I was a young guy again.

I still dream of having a backhoe grapple for the M59 for building stacked stone walls.
Here is a beautiful stone wall in Louisville. Stones that size can be hand laid up - no backhoe needed....
rScotty

VeryNICE ROCK WORK.png