Backhoe leaks

/ Backhoe leaks #1  

km-ri

I recently purchased a TYM 273 with FEL and factor backhoe. When using the backhoe I have noticed hyd oil coming out of the breather hole of the tank cap. I swaped out the cap and it still came out. I then plugged the hole and the fluid came out the breather tube. This does not happen with the FEL. It is now with the dealer and they feel the cap was defective however I have tried 2 and had the same result.

I am waiting for the dealer to test the unit with the new cap, due tomorrow but I am not optimistic. Anyone else have this issue or thoughts on the issue? I love this machine and hope this is a fluke or simple fix.

Update - Dealer agrees cap not the issue. They are searching for an answer.

/ Backhoe leaks #2  
I think you have to much fluid in the tank. When the fluid gets hot, it expands.

/ Backhoe leaks
Thanks for your reply, that raises an interesting point. I have a sight glass on the rear of the tractor to check my fluid level. In what postion should my FEL and BH be in when checking that level. I assume I should have ALL cylinders retracted. That is my current procedure. My control block for the hydraulics has a 3 position lever, the 2 directional flow positions and a no flow position. When the normal flow position is selected the return stream comes in very fast (looking in the fill hole) and is located very high in the block. The cap actually has a bevel on it so that when tightened in the correct position it deflects the return stream down. It seems to me the return flow is too much for the resivior to absorb when the BH is active. It is worse when using the tipper circuit, which also seem to be the fasted acting.

Just some thoughts. On the TYM forumn on owner claims to have reversed the 2 main lines and solved the same problem. Wouldn't that cause the movements to be reversed? I am a tractor and BH newbie.

Thanks again for your insight, I have erad a lot of your postings so far.