Backhoe Stabilizer Pads/Claws

/ Backhoe Stabilizer Pads/Claws #1  

12Bravo

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti CK2610 TLB, Gill 5' Scraper Blade (Tilt/Angle)
While working the BH yesterday digging a stump out, I was sliding all over the place. Enough is enough, I want something to stop this from happening. BUT, I'm not paying $100 or more for some steel to bolt on there.

What have some of you used in stead of purchased pre-made items.

I want to see some HOMEMADE pads/Claws for the stabilizer arms.

Thanks

/ Backhoe Stabilizer Pads/Claws #2  
Check out Paul Short's YouTube channel, "4shorts". He modded his BX25D's pads for just that reason. He does first class work!
He may have posted here, as well??

/ Backhoe Stabilizer Pads/Claws
Check out Paul Short's YouTube channel, "4shorts". He modded his BX25D's pads for just that reason. He does first class work!
He may have posted here, as well??

OMG, dudes got tons of videos and most of them are long!

This will take sometime to find what I'm looking for. At least I might get some different ideas too. Now that I have a welder worth talking about coming, I might be able to tackle some more task I have been wanting to do.

Thanks

/ Backhoe Stabilizer Pads/Claws #4  
DSCN2901TBNFoot2.jpgDSCN2900TBNFoot1.jpg.

Hot rolled U channel w a welded in cross piece.

This is what I was thinking about doing....

Angle iron cut to length and with holes drilled to match holes on foot. Leaning the middle open so I can add a piece of wood, in case I need to do some work on a surface I can't mes up with the it digging it in. Making board removable with a wood screw from the top and the angle iron welded into a box to give rigidity, of course with some teeth of something cut into the lower section to add bit in soft soil.

Thoughts?

/ Backhoe Stabilizer Pads/Claws #7  
image-4021653704.jpg I built these. Love them. Go on/off in under 30 seconds

image-2902805938.jpg

/ Backhoe Stabilizer Pads/Claws #8  
You can probably easily improve the original pads, to some extent.

Keep in mind though, with a subcompact tractor, you don't have the weight to resist much of the forces the backhoe puts on the machine.

Finding a better digging technique can help a lot. Such as curling the bucket under the stump. This works well to loosen them up. And, it does not move the machine around, like pulling the bucket towards you will.

Last edited:
   / Backhoe Stabilizer Pads/Claws #9  
Forgive the bad phone picture , it is pouring down rain and I was getting WET :ashamed:

Built these for my 757C on my New Holland . 1/4" plate for base and teeth . 1 tooth is solid all the way across , then other is tee'ed into it on both sides . Made a Huge difference in how the tractor does not slide around anymore .

IMAG0064.jpg

Fred H.

Forgive the bad phone picture , it is pouring down rain and I was getting WET :ashamed:

Built these for my 757C on my New Holland . 1/4" plate for base and teeth . 1 tooth is solid all the way across , then other is tee'ed into it on both sides . Made a Huge difference in how the tractor does not slide around anymore .

View attachment 459764

Fred H.

I like that.

Does the plate unbolt? For is you needed to work on concrete or blacktop?